Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas in New York!

Well we have shown our time in NYC and visiting the Dicken's festival but what is Christmas like in Syracuse? Well seeing as I have literally spent most of December hiding out in my house since it has been snowing so much, we really haven't done much. I have never in my life been home so much, it is kind of weird but I guess that is life when you have little kids and it is freezing outside!!  
 The few times I have ventured out we have done some fun stuff.

Visiting Santa.
This time she cried for about 5 minutes and then Santa bribed her with a candy cane and jingle bells. It worked long enough to get a photo!
The pathway that I love to workout on in the summer is transformed during Christmas into Lights on the Lake so we finally made it there. The nativity scene which ironically enough was right next the Hanaka lights.
Family Portrait!
Entering the Crazy Land of Oz. When did The Wizard of OZ become a Christmas thing anyways?
Halfway through we let Kai out of her car seat which literally is a little piece of heaven for her to get to play in the car. She was just like my dogs and kept her head out of the window most of the drive.
I didn't really expect her to be that into it but she sure was!! 
She loved it!
These lights made us just a little bit homesick for Hawaii!! Especially this video!! I can't believe I miss golfing so much!!

 Sunday evening we decided to do a Christmas Party with some friends from church. Basically all the other residents in the ward. We had Gigantic Bread Bowls with a side of soup. Definitely one thing I love about the cold weather.
 The kids being crazy!

Kailie joining the fun!
Some of the other highlights this holiday season was a cookie exchange with a bunch of the women from church. Everyone brought 6 dozen of a favorite holiday treat and then everyone took a few of each. We were supposed to then give to neighbors. Then we did an ornament exchange which was so fun. Mostly it was just fun to get out of the house and associate with others who are taller than 2 feet.

1 comment:

Cory&SadieK said...

A cookie exchange sounds fun. I love that you residents all stick together.