Monday, March 16, 2009

Water Bed Camping!

Over the weekend we had a ward camp out! It was really fun and the weather was nice and cool and then about 10 pm hit and the rain came. All was fine and dandy until around 2 am when the craziness started. It was raining so hard and so loud it was insane!! We definitely could not sleep because it was so loud and Jared pretty much spent all night helping others and making sure everyone was okay! We just bought a big 8 person tent so this was the trial run, lets just say that we definitely got our moneys worth, we were dry unlike most of our camping neighbors even though our tent was literally in a puddle 3 inches deep. It was actually pretty comfy, it turned the hard ground into a nice water bed. Check out the video below to see it for yourself. Sorry about the black spot in the video, it is the shadow from the camera caused by my headlight. Also when you see the ground moving it is not the camera it is the water.




Kailie was such a trooper and slept completely through everything! I think she is going to be a great camper, now we just need some more kidlets to fill up the gigantic tent!

Although the rain was a pain to camp in, we will always remember this camping trip and the drive home was incredible with waterfalls everywhere! You gotta love that!

5 comments:

California Theler's said...

waterfalls...YES! camping in the rain...not so much! but i am glad you had a good time and that kai was so great! love you guys!

Chelsie Brady said...

That is so awesome! I want to camp on top of a few inches of rain!

Saundra said...

I'll send you my kids to help fill up that tent of yours! I'm glad that you guys were dry. I heard the Fedele kids got sick from the outing. Man, all the fun happens after we leave! :)

Rachael Haines said...

We will remember that campout though for the rest of our lives. Good memories!

Grandma Carolyn said...

I remember camping in the rain when I was about 12 - it was miserable! I was a girl scout and we were all totally soaked - even with our trenches dug around the tents. I'm glad that Kai slept through it all. Considering her parents, I'm sure she will be a great camper!

Love the waterfalls.