Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New Sunday Shoes!


A few weeks ago my one and only black Sunday shoes broke!
I was suddenly in desperate need of new Sunday shoes and I wasn't sure what to do. Where do I go to get new shoes? What kind of shoe should I get? All of these questions flooded my mind while I tried to remember the last time I had purposefully gone shoe shopping, I couldn't remember the last time usually I just happen to see a pair that I like and I buy them if I have a need for them.
But now I had to go shoe shopping and I felt kind of lost in my new need. When I finally made it to a store I saw all these high heeled shoes and instantly thought, hhmm I should try some on, maybe this time I might be able to walk in them.
For those of you who have known me for a long time or lived with me would know that I am not a high-heeled girl, I don't know if I have even ever owned a true pair of heels so I decided to go for it and bought the above pair of shoes. I tried the smaller skinny heeled shoes and could barely stand up straight let alone walk in them so I went for the thicker heel.

The true test came this past Sunday when I had to walk in them and carry Kai and go down stairs and a sloped parking lot and also carry a bunch of other things I needed for my lesson. Needless to say I made it! Even though it took about 2 minutes to walk down our steps and then about 5 to get to my car after church , mostly I was worried about falling and hurting Kailie so I was extra careful. So much so that as I was carefully making my way out to the car one of the young men in our ward who was sitting in his car watching me although I had no clue he was there because I was so focused, got out of his car and asked me if I needed help. I must of looked really funny! Oh well, at least I made it with out any sprained ankles or injuries to my child.
I still am not a huge fan of heels, I just don't see the point of being so uncomfortable all the time, Jared told me that I looked like a 5 year-old trying to walk in her moms shoes, at least I have plenty of Sunday's to practice.
(For those of you wondering why my adoring husband would make me struggle and carry our child plus all my stuff, lets just say that Jared's new calling means he is very busy on Sunday's and not really available to help!)

2 comments:

Grandma Carolyn said...

I hate high heels. I have traded most of mine in for much more comfortable lower heeled shoes and I love it! Personally I liked the shoes you wore under your wedding dress.

Saundra said...

I like the shoes a lot. I have yet to try high heels, for fear of embarassing myself. Oh, and I know about Jared's calling, and I know exactly how you feel!!! I remember the days of getting to church and balancing everything by myself with 3 kids because Beau wasn't around very much. I feel for ya Gina!!