Today is the 3rd anniversary of our first date! I know this because we got married exactly 6 months to the day on Oct 7th, 2006. We can't believe how much has changed in 3 short years. Number 1 we are married, which is still kind of crazy and feels unreal. 2- Jared has lived here in Hawaii for almost 4 years and I have been here 3 1/2. It seriously is so not real that I live here and this is my life. It was all so sudden to me and still feels like a dream. I am always telling Jared that I am ready to move back to the mainland because then it will feel like real life again!3-We have a baby-which is also crazy for us.
Back to the date, 3 years ago tonight Jared came and picked me up from my hotel room on Pearl Harbor that I lived in for 6 months and then we headed to Haleiwa Joes which is a fantastic restaurant here and everyone here should definitely go. Anyways, after dinner we hiked up to a pillbox overlooking two little islands off the shore in Kailua! Then we came back to his place where we sat on the ground eating ice cream cones. It was definitely the best date I had ever been on and the company wasn't so bad either! :) After that we were pretty inseparable and now here we are today.
By the way, that date was so great that we decided to recreate it my last night here and while we were on the pillbox Jared proposed! It was so fun and we love to recreate it every once in awhile.
4 comments:
Justin and I are going to that restaurant this saturday before he leaves monday. I was going to call you to get the name of it but now I don't have to Thanks! Lets go hiking soon!
Awesome! Congrats!
Congratulations on three years that is amazing. LOve you
Congratulations on three years. We are so glad the two of you found one another and that we now have Kailee! What a handsome couple you make.
Post a Comment