
Let me start this one out with some background. A while ago Jared and I were just leaving a BBQ and I glanced back in the back seat just to make sure we had Kailie. I have this crazy paranoia that I am going to forget her. You know the story "Mom forgets child in backseat" etc.. So I was telling my paranoia to Jared and he was the one who put Kai in the car so he replies "Gina, I am not going to forget our child."
Now lets go to last night. We spent the evening with our dear friends Chris and Rachael Haines who are heartbreakingly leaving the island in a few days. Anyways Jared and I drove separate cars so as we were leaving he said he wanted to take Kai and he was going to stop at a redbox to get a movie. About two minutes into the drive, he calls me to talk since we haven't really seen each other all day and I ask him how Kai is because it is late and she should be already eating and he says that she is fine and hasn't made a peep. So we keep talking and he apparently stopped at another redbox, which is inside a grocery store. As he is walking back to his car he says to me "How is Kai?" I was silent for a few seconds as I am thinking "is he joking, why would he ask me how Kai is doing?" Finally I reply, "What do you mean how is Kai doing? She is with you!" Then nothing but silence for at least 15 seconds ( probably because he was walking back to his car and could not see that she was in there yet, just a guess) then he says "oh she is with me!" He had completely forgotten in the space of about 5 minutes that he had our child with him and had left her in the car while he went into the store. Since Kailie was safe, I thought it was pretty funny and asked him when he would have figured out that he had our child and he said "Probably when I walked into the apt. and saw that you didn't!"
His defence was that he never has Kailie so he is not used to it! All I said to him was now do understand why I am always so paranoid that I am going to leave her somewhere because it is really easy especially when she is sleeping! I pretty much just kept laughing all night and hope now that it scared him enough that he is paranoid too!
5 comments:
this reminds me of the time john left abby in the car when he came in to meet me and the big girls for dinner...he totally forgot and left her there...she was fine, but it shows that those things do happen! kai is getting too big...so cute!! can't wait to give her a hug!
I am laughing so hard! That is pretty funny! How sad that the Haines are leaving Hawaii. It's always sad to see friends go.
We're glad that Kai was OK. Parenting is a challenge in more ways than one. I'm glad Gina was so understanding.
It has happened to us all! Your stories are great i love reading them love you
That is so funny!
Post a Comment