Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Double Digits

Kailie is officially in the double digits now the big 10 months! She changes so much every month I can't believe it, it seems as though everyday she learns something new! We started out the month in Utah and Kailie had so much fun going to Lake Powell and visiting family and friends.
When we left Hawaii to go to Utah Kai was barely sort of crawling and when we got home it was like crazy because with in the first hour she was exploring and into everything. She learned how to stand up on her own the first day we were home. The above photo is her first time accomplishing this!
She crawled under the bed

and into the shower all within the first few hours we were home. I definitely knew that I needed to immediately baby proof the apartment!
She learned to stand in her crib and cry during nap time. I really miss my little baby that could only lay there! We had to lower her crib as well since now she was able to fall out with it being higher up!
She started sitting up in the bath tub which definitely makes it harder to clean her little body and she also tries to stand up but that always ends with her slipping and falling down.
She finally got to try out her high chair at home, she seems to like it! And she can give herself a drink a water, such a big girl thing to do!
We have not weighed her since July but we are guessing she is around 16 lbs. She loves to eat her shoes instead of wearing them!
We took her swimming to our pool and the whole walk home she just stayed in this position. It was so stinking cute that we just had to share!
She loves to play in the bathroom and tries to get her bath toys out of the bath. She is still a bit wobbly on those legs!
She got her teeth brushed for the first time and she loves it. She thinks it is just a fun toy to chew on, of course. My friend Mykel nicknamed her vampire because she loves to bite and is always trying to bite everybody!

This is our favorite thing she has learned. We call it her Klingon face because she looks like the Klingon's from Star trek. For a few weeks right after we got home from Utah she did this face constantly, it was so funny!

Just a super cute face!


One of Kailie's favorite new activities is to get in her laundry basket and pull everything out and then do it all over again and again until oopsthis happens.
One day she was in doing her laundry thing and I was in the other room. When I walked into my room I find her like this and she didn't cry until she saw me. It was so funny, apparently she had pulled the thing over and got trapped underneath it. I let her stay that way for awhile to see if she could get it off herself but after a few minutes she just go really mad.

I am so sad that only two more months and she will not be my little baby anymore, she is growing so fast! I feel like I can't enjoy her enough! But it is also so fun and exciting to watch her grow and learn new things and experience things for the first time. Especially new foods, she is not supposed to have any sugar or deserts until she is one but the other night we were at a friends house and they had baked cookies and their daughter who is just over a year either gave a cookie to Kai or left in on the floor but either way we look down and the little cookie monster was eating a cookie! Little stinker at least it was just a few bites. Just a taste for her of what is in store for her in the future!

No comments: