You can read about the challenge and at the end she made a list of her favorite local restaurants. I have made my own list for Hawaii and a few from Utah and are at the end of the post!
I am issuing a challenge and I want you to take this seriously. Pass on the challenge. Post it on your blog. Tell your mom and challenge her.
I give you permission to take the above graphic when you post about this on your blog, cuz I know you are.I'll probably get a nasty e-mail because I am discouraging your patronage to big chain places like Applebee's, Wendy's and Macaroni Grill. But I don't care. I hate the thought of a hidden treasure going under because they don't have the extra cash to pay for big time advertising.
So next time you go out, go local. Try that neighborhood burger joint or the local pizzeria. It takes a lot of guts and passion to open a restaurant. You can help fuel that passion by patronizing your local restaurants.
To help my peeps out, here are two lists of local places that I know are good and I am so sure I missed a few. I have two locations for you. Southern California and Utah Valley. Each is linked to a map of it's location on Google Maps. Don't pay attention to any bad reviews. I wouldn't post these places if I had had a bad experience there. You don't know the people who posted reviews on there, but you know me and you can trust me. If you have any local places you like where you live, add it in the comments.
Once again, let me try and convince you further to patronize your local eateries. Not only will you be supporting your local economy, but you are also supporting hard working, passionate American families and neighbors.
Southern California:
Los Jarritos in Pomona, CA
Foscari Italian Cuisine in Anaheim Hills, CA
Donut Man in Glendora, CA
B & J Family Restaurant in Glendora, CA
Afloat Sushi in Pasadena, CA
Grand Burger in Glendora, CA
TJ's Subs in Glendora, CA
Rojus Cookie House in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Que Pasa in Chino Hills, CA
Apple Pan in Los Angeles, CA
The Deli in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Utah Valley:
Diamond Grill in Salem, UT
Mi Ranchito in Orem, UT
Gloria's Little Italy in Provo, UT
Glade's Drive Inn in Spanish Fork, UT
Cow's Creamery in Park City, UT
Terra Mia in Orem, UT
Sammy's Cafe in Provo, UT
Pizzaria 712 in Orem, UT
Fat Jack's Pizza in Payson, UT
Dalton's in Payson, UT
Sweet Tooth Fairy in Provo, UT
The Red Iguana in Salt Lake City, UT
Gina's Picks
Boots N Kimos(The best pancakes on the island hands down)
The Olive Tree(greek food)
All the Thai restaurants but our favs are:
Champa Thai
Phuket Thai
Haliewa Eats
Siam Gardens
The Thai Chuck Wagon(which isn't the really name but it is up with the shrimp trucks on the north shore and has seriously the best thai on the island according to Jared)
Dirty Lickens (wings)
Lani Kai Juice( Yummy smoothies and acai bowls)
Little Village( Chinese food)
El Marriachi(Mexican of course)
Bostons Pizza
Big Kahuna's Pizza
Kakaako Kitchen(my first favorite place, healthier hawaiian)
Lilihau Bakery and Cafe
Basta Pasta
Utah: Mainly Salt Lake Area
One world Cafe(you pay what you think the meal was worth! Seriously! Their belief is that no one should go hungry)
The Red Iguana(Mexican like you have never had before)
Thai Siam
The Pie(Pizza)
Wings n Things( if you know if this place is still open please let me know)
Asian Star
Neilsons Frozen Custard( so yummy I wish I could get some right now)
Fat's Pool Hall( Great food and you get to play pool)
Zubs(sandwhiches-springville)
3 comments:
Because I know NM is a hot vacationing spot, I'll add a few from Los Lunas just for fun :)
Teofilo's(I used to wash dishes there)
Burritos Alinstante
C&J's
Luna Mansion
Henrieta's
Benny's Burgers
Ft. Meade area:
Bangkok Kitchen (Thai)
G&M's (crab cakes are delish)
5 Guys (Famous Burgers and Fries)
I agree with you Gina...go local!
Love this blog post... wish I could go to Boots and Kimos RIGHT NOW! Although...I want to mention that Boston Pizza is definitely not a local place. They have them all over Canada and the owner is a billionaire. He is on the show "Dragon's Den" (canada) and possibly "Shark's Tank" (America) which is a show about billionaries investing in people with new ideas. Anyway... great food though.
I was just thinking... Boston's pizza may be a local place that just has the same name as the big chain....
Post a Comment