Friday, September 11, 2009

My Paradise!

I bet you thought from the title that I was talking about Hawaii but nope this is my Paradise and if you have never been here then I insist that at some point in your life you go!! This place is the perfect vacation for young and old and everyone in between! If you don't know what this place is then you definitely better get with it because it is none other the fabulous, amazing, beautiful, funtastic Lake Powell!! If you ever want to visit this awesome place you are welcome to come with us!

(Kai helping my dad captain the houseboat!)
I have been going to Lake Powell my whole life! My parents bought the above pictured houseboat when I was five and we've used it 2- 3 times per year ever since! Over the years we have had many a crazy trips down, including motor homes tipping over, ski boats going up cliffs(seriously up the cliff), waterfalls coming down onto the houseboat, etc... But thankfully we have never had any serious accidents. My years at Powell have gone from playing on the sand and being the babies of the group, to chasing hundreds of boys during my crazy adolescent and young single adult years to finally this year having my own little baby to share my paradise with!
I was so excited this year to have Kai there and let her experience Lake Powell. Unfortunately we didn't have the greatest camp spot for babies ie. no beach, no shallow water and cold water from being the shade most of the day! Here is Kai's first time in the water as you can tell she didn't love it, she probably hated the life jacket more than the water temp.
Skiers paradise! For us Powell is all about good food, good friends, good games and above waking up at sunrise to get the best water for water skiing! This is how it was most of the time, pristine water, Heaven!!
I love this photo only because Kailie looks like one of those porcelain dolls!! You have to click on it to get the full effect!
After water skiing, tubing is my next favorite activity! I love it and would have to admit that I am pretty good at it! Kailie seemed to like it too!
You definitely cannot go to Powell and not play games it is just part of the experience!

Just chilling in the water! My good friends Sadie and Cory came with their sweet little guy Isaak! He loved this baby water toy! Sadly, both Sadie and Cory lost their wedding rings to the big lake! I just told them it was meant to be!
Ava and Kailie playing together! Ava is my cousin more like sister's daughter! They are going to be great buddies just like their mom's! Ava was Kai's exact age last year at Powell just a little bit chunkier!
This is Ava last year, the funniest thing is that she wore the same swimsuit this year!
This is what you get when you try to line up three naked babies for a photo!
The best way to get a child to sleep! Put them in a moving boat! Works every time!
Now of course, it wouldn't be a true lake Powell experience unless somethings breaks down, this year it was the generator but we had a back-up. You definitely don't see Jared doing this very often, he is not a mechanic at all!


This is just too great not to share! At the end of the week we had to clean out the generator hull which was full of oil, Jared volunteered and my dad volunteered his swim trunks that he has had I think my whole life!
And this is what happens when you have three babies and 20 people all sleeping in same place! We were pretty tired at the end due to 3 babies all waking up at various times through out the night!

And those same babies always waking up with a smile on their faces cause man they sure slept great!!
Oh and by the way, I was serious about coming along with us! We are always looking for new people to come and we love to get to see and spend time with friends!

7 comments:

Saundra said...

I'm glad you got to go to Lake Powell!! You always talked about it. If we ever get to that side of the US, perhaps we'll take you up on the offer.... :)

Sarah Jarvis said...

Yeah. You got to go again! I am jealous. I love it and your family makes it so fun. But there is NO way I would go down there with a toddler. At least my kids would go crazy without space to run around. Otherwise I would take you up on the offer any way. I really am going to call you soon. I promise.

Cory&SadieK said...

GINA!! The pictures are awesome. I laughed and laughed. It is funny to think that the babies wake up super happy and we probably look like we just got ran over because we are soooo tired!! Thanks for inviting us--it was awesome..

Jamie Hirtle said...

Gina, your baby is getting so big! I hope I get to meet her sometime soon! She is darling!

Jill said...

Wow, looks like you guys had a great time in Powell. Kailie is so cute, can't wait to see her in person. Eddy and I would love to hang out with you anytime in UT! or Hawaii for that matter, we just won't be there for awhile.

Carolyn said...

It was a fun trip - I need your pictures. I knew you meant Lake Powell.

John and Stephanie said...

Gina you mentioned that maybe you could get tickets to the PCC. I was wondering if you can get the etertainment tickets only as well? There are some here at work that are wanting to attend the show only and are wondering if they can get tickets to that only
Deb