Friday, July 30, 2010

Military tour of Pearl Harbor

Being in the Military definitely has it perks and this tour is one of them. Not only do you not have to wait forever to do the tour, you get to see the whole harbor and learn a lot more about other parts of the attack not just the Arizona. It is a private tour that they do for military and there guests. It was cool to see everything.


I am glad Jack and Carolyn could do the tour with us, Carolyn has been wanting to do it forever but the hard part is Jared has to be there and it is offered only during the week, making it hard of course for Jared to be there!

On the USS Arizona Memorial! It had been about 4 years since I had been at the memorial.

The Mighty Mo aka the USS Missouri where the Japanese signed the surrender.
The list of the men who died on the Arizona.



This was my favorite part. Most visitors to Hawaii don't even know this is here because you have to be military to have access to it. It is the Battleship USS Utah. It was sunk during the attack as well and still has men in it as well. I loved getting to see it from this side and was amazed how much of it is out of water! Pretty cool to see!

2 comments:

Matt n' Jenni said...

What? Jared actually has a uniform? I never got to do that tour but I sent my dad and brother and uncle on it with Matt. I wish I would have gone too.

Grandma Carolyn said...

That was a great tour! It was very moving to be able to be there with other military families. They make you very proud to be an American.