Monday, November 5, 2012

Birthday Cake Or Hummus!!

This photo pretty much sums up McKean at his Birthday Celebration. He was not a happy camper. We did a little BBQ with the Keck and Taylor families and this kids slept through most of that and then woke up to eat some cake which he did not like. I am pretty sure he was sick so the poor kid did not have the happiest Birthday party!
As usual here are some of our favorite things:
 
  • Cuddle-he loves to cuddle some times.
  • Bozo Hair- His hair is starting to curl at the ends and sticks out just like Bozo's, it is so cute!
  • Sweet- he is such a little sweetie!! Except since his birthday he has started to become kind of mean and hits me and Kai and pulls our hair, little stinker boy.
  • Poop King- Yep, his cake says poop because this little guys poops sooooooo much!! 3-4 times a day almost everyday!! Seriously!!
  •  Laughing-He has the best laugh, especially when he laughs because of Kai. I love it and he has brought so much laughter into our lives. 
  • Remote- Pretty much his favorite "toy" everywhere we go is the tv remote. He is such a guy!
  • Ball- He also LOVES Balls and Cars which is so weird because we did not encourage him at all. He just always found Kailie's few cars and balls and that is what he choose to play with. 
  • Drama Queen- He definitely is a drama queen and cries or throws a fit pretty much anytime you take something from him.
  •  Binki- By far his Favorite thing on this planet, well perhaps after his Momma
  • Whiner-Again he whines over everything 
  • Scoot/Monkey Man- Because of his cute little crawl, that he still continues to do and is getting really fast at. 
  • Climber-he climbs on everything and boy does it drive me nuts. He even gets in trouble at the gym and has to be in the walker the whole time because they say he tries to climb up everything. 

Here is a video from a night when he first figured out how to climb up Kai's little table. He just kept doing it over and over and over and finally I just put the table up stairs cause he was going to at some point get really hurt. 

  • I love boobies- He loves to nurse and I plan to nurse him for the next year as well. 
  • Impatient Piggy- This kid loves to eat, whether nursing or regular food and he has absolutely zero patience.
I had fun making this completely from scratch cake that he ate absolutely none of. At least, the guests got to enjoy some.

Cake balls, just cause they are fun and I had a bunch of extra cake.
Opening gifts was not the most pleasant experience as well. 
I think it was all just too overwhelming for him.

Lots of toys, lots of little kids
Too much for one  little sick Duder's.

Time for cake and to get sugar for the first time EVER!
The candle was cool
The singing not so much!!

Time to chow down!
Happy Birthday Sweet little Sick Boy!

Not quite sure what to do so Mom and Dad had to help him out a bit!!

Poor kid, Sorry you were born to parents that love to torture their kids!!
We love you though, little buddy!

We are mean parents.
We did it too Kai to so at least we are fair!


Madi wanted in on the action.

The kiddos all enjoying the yummy desserts.

Still Crying!
And Still Crying!

There is the happy baby!!
What did he want Hummus!! The kid loves humus.
He wouldn't eat a bite of cake, spit it all out but chowed down on the hummus we had out.
Jared made a joke about covering the cake with hummus instead of frosting and seriously had I, I guarantee the little guy would have gone crazy. Anytime he See's the hummus container he goes nuts.

A couple days later we offered him a cupcake and still the kid wouldn't touch it. I guess that is a good thing. He does love sugar cookies though!

We love our little McKean and our so happy to have him in our lives. He brings us so much joy and laughter. 
Some more funny things we wanted to remember about this squirt are:

  • He loves to give BIG OPEN MOUTH SLOBBERY KISSES. It is so cute and he totally knows what it means to give kisses, if you ask for it he will come, wide mouth and ready!! Oh his poor girlfriends!
  • He learned to clap his hands a few days before his birthday. We were driving to Kai's swim lessons singing the song if you are Happy and You Know It and we did clap your hands. I heard his little hands clap and Kai confirmed it. He was so proud of himself.
  • He give high fives and is just learning how to wave.
  • He loves to hold something in his right hand when he eats and he uses his left hand to eat.Wont hold the cup or the watermelon, for a long time he would not hold his food or cup and expected us to do it for him. He has since learned.
  • He loves to scoot away while getting his diaper changed and then laughs. Little stinker seriously, it is cute and annoying all at the same time. 
  • He has four teeth, the top two finally starting coming in just a couple of days before his first birthday! So weird since Kai had all her teeth before her first birthday!
  • He took his first steps a couple of weeks before his birthday. He was in my bathroom and I was getting ready and could see him in the mirror playing by the bathtub and all of the sudden he took four steps. I have tried diligently to get him walking on video but every time I pull it out he stops or just falls over.
  • He loves to crawl up stairs but then turns around to make sure we are watching and telling him not to.
  • He says Mum Mum sometimes. I am pretty sure he is meaning me. And just recently he said da da. But his favorite way to communicate is hands down by shaking his head NO. He learned that around his birthday and does all the time, mostly while eating when he doesn't want something I offer him but he will also do it if I say no no Kean. It is the cutest thing. He usually gives a big smile afterwards. 
With his best bud Madi!
  • Yesterday I was sitting in the kitchen and he went to his cupboard and pulled out a cup and  brought it too me, so I filled it up with water and he downed it. So he is learning to communicate. 

  • He is definitely a little guy. At his year appointment he Weighed 16 lbs and 13 oz. which is in the 0%. His height was 28.74 in which is 23% and his head was 45.2 which was the 22% percentile. We really aren't sure why he is so tiny other than genes cause the kids eats like crazy. He was nursing at the time of his birthday 5 times a day plus eating 3 meals a day plus snacks and he drink a cup or two a day of almond milk or coconut milk. I guess he is just going to be a tiny little guys. Kai was tiny too.
  • He takes 1-2 naps a day and is a really good sleeper. He sleeps from 7:30-8:00 to 7am and it is glorious. Every once in awhile he wakes up in the middle of the night. The other night we woke up just screaming his head off, he must have had a bad dream I picked him up, found his binki and rocked him for a long time. The poor kid seemed terrified. What kind of bad dream could a little baby have?
  • He spends his days scooting around, getting into everything, playing with toys, he loves to go outside and mostly he loves playing with his sister. Whatever she is doing he wants to be doing it too. 
 
 These two definitely are not related!
Love you little Monkey Man.
I can't believe you are already one!!
We need to slow time down, you are growing up way to fast.

2 comments:

Emilydear said...

Looks like a fun birthday for everyone except the birthday boy! That was a fast year! He is a cutie!

Kari said...

What a sweetie! It's so sad when they are miserable on their birthday.