Friday, November 30, 2012

The Clunker

 McKean broke his little leg while we were at Disney World. None of us know how he did it. It is a mystery. On Friday morning which was our day off from visiting the parks, Justin and Andrea were gone shopping, Jared had taken the three big girls to do some crafts at the resort and I was hanging out with the two babies. McKean was just crawling around but he was super fussy. So I nursed him and then when I went to put him down he wouldn't put his little right leg down. He kept it up like a dog with a hurt leg. I put him sitting on the ground and noticed that he would try to crawl but didn't want to use his leg at all. He looked like a boy dog peeing cause he would keep his hurt leg raised in the air and then try to crawl. It was cute and sad. I called Jared and told him that McKean some how hurt his leg. We watched him all day, he was fussy unless he was sitting on the comfy bed or in the highchair and if we moved it he would really cry out in pain. We were thinking perhaps he just twisted it or maybe one of the kids stepped on it.
The next morning he was still in a lot so Jared took him to the ER and sure enough it was broken. The doctor called it a toddlers fraction and said he was probably trying to climb off of something like perhaps this big bed which he did try a few times and landed on it wrong. There was a small hairline fracture in his tibia. Jared said he did great and didn't cry or fight to get away at all while they were x-raying or putting the cast on. We were both surprised it was actually broken and while Jared was there he got a job offer from the doc there. Pretty funny!
The pants he was wearing didn't fit over the  cast so the rest of the day while we were at the Animal Kingdom park he was just pant less. Everyone kept making comments about his cast and he instantly gained a few pounds.

It was amazing how fast he adjusting. He was already crawling and climbing within a few hours!

I was glad I had packed a couple of his stretchy pants!
When we got home he was still the same climbing machine as before. When I took him to the gym, the daycare workers work amazed that he was still climbing all over everything like he always does. Little Stinker!

He even started standing and walking with the cast which we called his clunker. He learned that he could make some loud noises with it so he would kick it really hard on the ground  and thought it was funny!





 He was pretty funny sometimes because the weight would knock him over!


He kept his same monkey man crawl just adapted it by putting his leg further out.
After his three weeks of having it on his toes were pretty dirty. 


 Bath time was not so fun for this little guy. He hated having the bag around his leg and not being able to just play in the water.
Finally we were able to get him and get his cast off. He go it on the 10th on got it off on the 30th.

 
He definitely was a little scared when they used the blade to cut it off.

But then he was  so good while they it off!Oh I missed that cute little dirty foot!
Immediately he got down and started walking on it and didn't seem to have any issues. As soon as we got home I was playing with him on the carpet and he went to crawl and his foot stepped on a toy and I just heard the faintest sound of something breaking and then he just screaming. I was thinking that he must of just broken it again. He didn't really use it all the next few days but within a week he was back to crawling normally and then around Christmas he finally started walking on it again!!


No comments: