We spent Thanksgiving this year here at in Texas and it was low key and relaxing. We started a new tradition of each of us writing down something we are grateful for everyday and then hung them up in the kitchen. It was fun and Kai even wrote a few of her own of course they only had the letters she know ie BE and I.
We were having dinner at the Keck's so I had the kids make some foam turkeys to decorate the table.
or in McKean's case just trying to eat them!
Or hitting each other with the balloons!
On Thanksgiving we signed up to deliver meals to the elderly with Meals On Wheels. It was crazy, I think everyone else in San Antonio signed up too. It was so awesome, definitely a new tradition.
Here is Kai walking to one of the homes. She has a place mat made by the girl scouts, a flower and sticks which she always seems to have with her when she is outside. The old people loved meeting her and you could just tell it meant a lot to them.
Then we came home and made a from scratch green bean casserole it was so good, the homemade fried onions were to die for. Then it was on to dinner at the Keck's. We didn't take any photos of the people but here is the table. Dinner was probably the best thanksgiving dinner any of us had ever had, the turkey was so good, I am still craving it! We had the Kecks and Justin's parents and our friends Scott and Andrea Fitzgerald.
My friend Andrea did get a few of the kids.
Kai must have been running around.
The pies, I made the lemon meringue and pecan. Next time I will try a more traditional pecan pie.
The kids working up their appetite.
Brinley, Savanna, Kai, Boston
After dinner we decided to go to Sea World to welcome in the Christmas Season.
The kids met all the Christmas sea creatures.
Shamu Santa!
Kailie and Boston holding hands walking around. I love the innocence of kids! Sometimes these two get along and other times they fight like cats and dogs!!
Friday we spent the night putting up Christmas stuff. The kids had fun playing in the Christmas tree box.
The cast pretty much didn't slow down this kid one bit!
It was a great week and both Jared and I loved doing the family proclamation, it was hard sometimes, but totally worth it. I think we don't realize how dependent we are on technology!!
No comments:
Post a Comment