I sure love having this girl in my life. She brings me much joy and happiness. Yes, she is crazy and really hard sometimes, super stubborn (not really sure where she gets that from) and defiant but the majority of the time she is a sweetheart who just wants some love and attention. She has such a fun crazy personality. She loves to dance and sing silly songs that she makes up and she is always busy doing something from getting out all of the food out of my pantry while she pretends to grocery shop or coloring, swinging outside, begging to play with Brinley or being my little helper she definitely stays busy all day long. I love spending my day with her.
Some favorite moments of late are:
Tonight on June 5th. We were in Mckean's room feeding him and Kai saw the
photo of Jesus and the little boy and says "look mom it is Jesus. He
fixed the little boy. Jesus fixes us because we are broken.
She started preschool and she loves it. It is actually called mothers' day out and is from 9-2 there are no normal preschool's around here so I was able to get here to only have to go from 9-11:30 two times a week. There was just no way with Diabetes that she could have stayed all day. So the first day, when I came to pick her up and everyone else was staying of course she cried and freaked out and didn't want to leave. I felt so bad and I hate that this disease effects her life in that way. I try not to let it change her choices at all but I guess I can't do it with everything. Since she has started saying "that when she is done having diabetes that she can stay all day at school." So I think next year we will put her in all day for those two days just so she know she can still do anything even with Diabetes!
One day when I picked up Kai from Gymnastics she
got her shoes on and then she insisted on going and saying goodbye to
Jayson, which I guess is what she calls our friends twin boys. A combination of both
their names then she went up to each of them said goodbye and then
proceeded to give each of them a kiss on the cheek. So funny, they were
like a what are you doing?
She is a pretty good big Sister. She definitely loves to help McKean whether he wants the help or not.
She always picks out 3 cereals when she gets cereal but then she only ever eats one. It is funny!
Gets home from playing with Brinley and says "Can I go play with Brinley." That girl is obsessed.
Jared was getting ready to fly out on a late night flight, Kai went and put on her jammies, diaper and
got her pillow and blanket because she wanted to sleep on the
airplane!
I did here cake extra big so we cold do our writing on it: I love this tradition!
- For a long day: she always says "we haven't seen or done something for a long day!
- Next Week: every thing is next week. She has no sense of time. i.e. "maybe brinley can come to my house next week to play.
- Hide n Seek- one of her favorite games that she loves to play and she mostly hides in the same spot every time.
- Tramp- she loves to jump
- I'm DONE- I hear this phrase multiple times a day when she is done going to the potty!
- 2 Min- She always wants to go do something for 2 minutes. She again has no sense of time.
- Mommy's Lap- She always wants to sit on Mommy's lap during dinner.
- "Sure" I just love the way she says sure!
- I curse cosse (forgot something)Don't know where she came up with that one but it is cute!
- Monster- she loves to pretend to be a monster and get me and McKean.
- Dora-because she loves it and asks to watch it everyday!
- Sun Beam- she is such a cute sunbeam.
Her class was huge at the beginning of the year and now just a few kids: Kai, Sis. Peterson, McKaty, Elizabeth, Eliza and Dillon!
Sister Swigert was her teacher all year and she loved her. She has type 1 as well and is a diabetes nurse educator so it was so awesome to have her teach Kai and know that she would be okay!!
- She was darling in the Primary program this year. She sang Choose the Right at the end Kai and her friend McKaty were probably two of loudest of all the kids. It was so cute.
Instead of having the sunbeams give talks they sang the wiseman song. It was so adorable and I worked really hard with her so that she would sing it loud enough for Daddy and Kean Kean to hear her in the back. She definitely did. She was the loudest!! She was so excited that Daddy said he could hear her!
- Bat Ball: She learned how to hit a ball with a bat this summer in Utah and calls it bat ball so we got her a bat and ball for her birthday!
- Flowers: She loves to pick flowers and pretty much picked all of my dad's this summer.
- Puzzles: We do puzzles all day long. She loves to race me I have to do it 2-3 times in order for her to beat me but she is getting faster. One day we raced Jared who hasn't done we did it 4 times before he finished and he was actually trying!! She was so excited.
- 5 bites: She always wants to eat only 5 bites of everything.
- 2 times: She says she wants to do every thing 2 times.
- Berenstein Bears: Her favorite books right now. She earns them as she gets stickers on her chart!
- Big shot/yiddle shot: Every time we give her a shot she asks if it is a big shot or a little shot. She hates the big shots of course. So it seems that the shot itself doesn't hurt as much as the amount of insulin in the shot!
- Pumping: She finally learned to pump herself on the swing!! Hooray!\
- Surfing: She loves to surf!
- School time: This past year I have been attempting to work with her for a few minutes each day on learning the alphabet and numbers. Well we are only on the letter E. Which should tell you how well it is going. I could never home school. I just don't have the patience. It took her over a month to learn the letter E.
- Play with Kean: She loves to play with him
- I ran out of gas: One day while we were waiting to get gas she asked why the car needs gas so I told her it was the food for the car. Like how we have to eat food in order to have energy. So as she was biking around the neighborhood one day she was getting tired and said "I ran out of gas mommy" So funny!
- Baby Heaven:
Drawing her first photos of our family, she drew a little baby and said "that is my little baby sister, she is in heaven and we need to get her cause she is sad. She wants her mommy. And there is another little baby brother in heaven, they're gone. We need to go get him. We are waiting for these ones to come out of your belly. They are sad they want us!" This was all such a surprise to me since I haven't really ever talked to her about babies and being in heaven. She drew 3 babies so watch out Daddy I guess we got 3 more up there waiting to come down.
A couple weeks later Kailie was climbing in McKean's crib and says out of nowhere, we need to go get my bro and sister in Heaven. I miss them!! We need to go get them.- Cougar: Jared taught her the BYU fight song this year she loves and asks to sing it at night.
- She has called McKean Kean since he first came home.
Dec 19th while in the bath I was explaining to Kai that her name means ocean She stopped thought about it for a few seconds and then said no it means surfboard! She is truly her daddy's daughter!
She loves to put Kean in things and then pull him around.
Her she is giving him and a few plants ride behind the car in the sled.
She is such a social little bug and is constantly asking to play with friends. She always says she doesn't want to play by herself. One Saturday, Jared and I were busy doing chores, I was vacuuming and Jared was working in the garage. I saw her put on her coat so I thought she was out with Jared. I went to find her to check her and she was nowhere. Her coat was sitting outside by the front door. I started freaking out and could only think that someone had taken her. I went to all of her neighbor friends and found her and one of them. Oohhh she was in so much trouble. We had big talk after that! Little Stinker~
She still takes off her pants everyday and loves to just be in her underwear. One day we were leaving and I told her to go put her shorts back on. She came running in and was wearing McKean's size 9 month shorts. The funny thing is she didn't even realize that the were not hers and did not fit her!! Silly girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment