This past weekend was the annual Swamp Romp at the marine base here, which is a 5 mile race through muddy swamps, over obstacles and the hardest part running on the beach! Jared and some buddies from work decided to do it. Their team name was Blue Steel! They had a blast. Kailie and I had fun just watching all the people dressed in funny outfits.
This was my view during the race as I waited at the finish line. Not exactly pleasant but seriously, this guy dressed as a bunny or something, stood in front of me the whole time!
Jared and his team about to cross the finish line.It is a team race so you have to cross all linked. If you look closely you will see that they had to duct tape their shoes on otherwise they would come off in the mud.
The after picture, not so clean anymore! They finished super fast which was a big surprise to me. I thought we would have to wait a lot longer! They are doing their blue steel impersonation faces just in case you were wondering!
Kailie even got in on the action thanks to her dad!

2 comments:
Ok, so I'm jealous of Jared! I wanted to to do the Swamp Romp every year, but didn't know enough crazy people who would do it with me. I love the mud!
I know Jared was in his element doing this - he has always been competitive and loved a challenge. I'm glad you and Kai could have some fun with it also.
Post a Comment