Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Best Activity in the Snow!

Typical shot, men working on a snowmobile!
The Monday after Christmas we got invited up to a cabin in Big Cottonwood Canyon in SLC to snowmobile and hang out for the day. I was in heaven!! Snowmobiling is what I did all growing up and I haven't gone for years. It took me a little while to warm up to getting the feel of driving them again but man I love it. So fun!
I don't think I have ever been snowmobiling with out one machine having some sort of problems and this trip was no different.
Christa and I hanging out while the men fixed the machine. Don't you love the full body snowsuits? They are the best for snowmobiling, no wind drafts!
Jared and I with Jared and Christa Maybe who invited us. They are such a fun family and we love spending time with them!
Kailie tackling her daddy!
Some of Jared's family came up for a few hours and got to do a little riding. None of them had ever been on a snowmobile before. I think they had a good time! This is Jason and one of his kids!
Cousins Kailie, Cam and S all playing in the snow together!
Rachel and Cole making the long trek back to the top of the hill!
I think we have a natural here. She looks ready to take off and drive herself.
Rachel, Nick and Cole getting ready to go for a ride!
Jaime, I and Cam heading out. Jaime was a champ at driving for the first time!
Jared, Kai and S heading out.
Nick and Cole
B choose to just hang out and play at the cabin. I was the one who drove him into the cabin on the snowmobile and after we arrived he says to me didn't you hear me yelling to slow down!! Here I was trying to drive a little bit faster to give them a fun ride!! Oops!
The Kaister came back from her ride wiped out. That is something I have done many a times in my life.  It felt so good to get back out and snowmobile. 
 I am not sure what Jared thinks of it. When the snow is too deep of powder then the machines get stuck alot which makes for a lot of hard work. This day had quite a bit of fresh powder so it was alot of work. I loved it and can't wait to go again!!

No comments: