Saturday, February 12, 2011

Winter Wonderland!

 I have always said that I love winter as long as there is snow. I hate when it is really cold but there is no snow, what is the fun in that! Well, I definitely have got my wish this winter.
In all my years growing up in Utah I NEVER once had a winter where there was snow on the ground the entire time and not just inches,  I mean at least a foot usually more. I guess technically it all melted while we were in Utah but I didn't see it and when I got home there was just as much as when I left!
 Since it starting snowing here back in the first week of December it literally hasn't stopped. Sure we have a day or two where it doesn't snow but then we get a foot overnight or so. It is pure craziness!!


The pile in front of our house has slowly been growing. Here it is tiny and yet back then it seemed like sooo big!
Here it is in January!! Our house is slowly getting hidden!

Here it is this week!!
Don't let the pretty white snow decieve you, really the snow is absolutely disgusting since it has been here for months. One day I left to the store and the back yard was looking all white and pretty and when I returned I found a bombed out completely covered backyard of bird crap. It was the weirdest thing both Jared and I have ever seen. It was all over and it was only in the backyard. Seriously a flock of Hundreds of birds must have flown over and all crapped at the same time. So now we can't play in the back or side because down a few layers of snow is bird pooh. So as much as I love having snow when it is cold I would love for this stuff to melt and then we can get all new clean stuff!

In other news. Our mail box got knocked off by the snow plow so we just plopped it in the snow until we could fix it 


Then one day I found that someone fixed it. Come to find out the city did it since they broke it, of course this is just a temporary fix but seems pretty funny that they actually came out and did it with out us even telling them to!

 Our Street!
We have had some pretty sunsets lately, this was yesterdays. It was so blasted cold outside that I was lazy and took the photos through the window and screen.  The icicles here are crazy too. I have never seen icicle like the ones here. We can't even control them and I am sure most of the christmas lights on the roof will be broken by them!



Just in case you wondering what we do inside while it snows all day. Here is a preview!! 
I think someone is dreaming of lazy hot summer swimming days!!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

YIKES!!! That is a lot of snow. I'm with Kai in dreaming of hot, lazy summer days!!!

Megz said...

That is truly odd about the bird poop--- It actually made me laugh, but then I felt guilty cuz that does stink for you!
How nice that you can witness your city taxes in work by the way they fix the stuff they break...
Spring is coming--tell Kai to get working on her tan.

Grandma Carolyn said...

The icicles are pretty amazing. You are definitely getting your winter fix.