Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bringing back the Valentine

Decorating Sugar cookies or mostly just eating the frosting!
Did anybody else think that Valentines Day was the best holiday as a kid?? I sure did, it definitely tied right up there with Christmas as my favorite. I loved making valentines for friends but my favorite thing was always making the box to collect all of my Valentines in. Of course as I grew Valentines became one of my least favorite holidays so this year with Kai being a little bit older I felt a little of the magic of Valentines I felt as a kid.
We go to play group every week at the church yea it isn't no Relief Society Surf Group but it is fun and we had a valentines party for the kids.
Kailie making her bag to collect her Valentines.
Checking out all the loot!! 
Candy and more Candy!!
Kailie has become absolutely obsessed with Toy Story and pretty much begs to watch it everyday so I thought it only fitting to buy here Toy Story Valentines.
I decided last year that Valentines is the holiday that I will make sugar cookies. 
Kai loved helping me!

Jared was gone all weekend so we made him some special Valentines cards. This was Kai's first time painting and before she started I painted her hand to make the hand print and then I let her go at it so of course the first thing she does is starts painting her hand. She is so cute but she eventually got the hang of it. 

All of the Valentine activity tuckered this little one right out. I was making dinner and turned around to find her like this. I was freaking out because I already couldn't remember how much insulin I had given her, sometimes I just do it with out thinking and then cannot for the life of me recall how much or even if I actually gave her a shot at all. I instantly thought I had given her too much cause she was OUT and I couldn't get her to wake up. After testing her and realizing she was fine I figured she didn't take a nap that day because she wouldn't sleep and then I had given her a bath before dinner and put her in her jammies since she was a mess after painting so she probably just thought it was bed time.  Poor thing. I let her sleep for an hour but then I had to wake her up to eat. 

 
Snoring!!! I have never heard her snore really so she was tired!!

4 comments:

Brudiggidy's said...

adorable! man i miss you guys!!!

Marissa said...

What a fun time for your tiny little valentine. I've worriedly shaken Darci awake worried she was low, but she was just tuckered. You are such a great mommy.

Kari said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

Grandma Carolyn said...

What a fun Valentine activity. Kai is so adorable I miss her. Hopefully, we will be in NY in May for a visit.