![]() |
| Photo taken from here |
We have been so anxious ever since we moved here to find out where we would be going next. Originally we thought we would go to one of the big Army Medical Teaching Hospitals which are in D.C., Seattle, Hawaii and San Antonio. But then in September when Jared met the the guy in charge of all the placement he said all the big hospitals were full and that we would be going to a smaller hospital. So we have been patiently waiting for the list of the potential spots which we were supposed to get back in January which they then said it would be sent out in February so we have been going crazy waiting. There is just something about not knowing where you will be living in five months that is really unnerving. Then Jared goes to a conference where he runs into a graduating Chief Resident from D.C who tells him that she got the wish list a couple of weeks ago and has already been assigned to Fort Bragg in North Carolina which was one place we were hoping to go so of course Jared was way frustrated that the people who are below him in rank had already been assigned places and we hadn't even had a chance to put in our wish list.
We decided that either A) they forgot about us or B) they already had assigned us a place with out giving us a choice and well the correct answer was both. They already had assigned us without any choice and then they forgot to email us and tell us. You gotta love the Army. Anyways, we have been assigned to San Antonio, TX. Which was a huge shock. They have never had an Army fellowship trained doctor so we thought we would for sure not go there. We always seems to think wrong.
Jared is way excited because his best friend lives there and is also an Army Doc. I am on the fence. I don't really know anything about the place and I am kind of sad that I will once again be in place where there are no seasons. Summer is my favorite season but the reason I love summer so much is because it follows winter and that just makes it so much better.
Besides the weather I think I will like it there and I know we will make good friends and that the ward there is really great. So we are off again to another adventure.

7 comments:
San Antonio????? You will be like an hour or two from the West's. I am totally jealous. Thats exciting!!!!!
ok, can I say I am excited because that means I could stop and say hi on my way to Phx? we have been looking at an assignment there too. San Antonio is actually really great, lots of fun. :) miss you guys!
Congrats! That is crazy that they just assigned you! How long will you guys be there? Hopefully it will be a great place to live!
Hi Gina and Jared- We love San Antonio! We have two good friends who will live there by this fall too. One is Aaron Liddell who is just finishing as an oral facial surgeon and his wife Sandy who have 3 boys. They love it there so they are staying. They have been there 5 years. His sister Jenny and her husband Nate will be there in the fall and he starts his practice in anesthesiology. You would love them all. Call me Love Lacey
SAN ANTONIO!!!!! How exciting! It's beautiful there! I bet you'll love it except you'll miss the mountains, but think of all the new places you'll get to explore! Alabama, Mississippi! I can't wait to come and visit.
Congratulations! That would be a surprise! Every one I know that lives in Texas loves it! Sounds like an adventure!
I think you will love it. Everyone that I know who has lived there thought it was a great place to live! I know Chad and Molly will be very excited to have you there.
Post a Comment