Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Farewell New York!

The time finally came where we had to say goodbye to our friends and our home in New York. Although we were only there for a year we made some dear friends and will miss them all terribly!
 Here is a list of my Favorite and Least Favorite things about living in Syracuse.
  1. Our friends: I never got a group shot which is sad but we love all of the people out there. Some of our closest friends were the D'Haenens, the West's, the Water's and the Austins!  We learned alot from all of them and are so grateful for their


Wegmans park and Wegmans grocery store: I know it is crazy to miss a grocery store but it seriously is the best grocery store I have ever seen. I miss it so much and feel deprived of good food here in San Antonio. The park was the best playground/ park ever and we all miss it.
The fall time: The East truly does have amazing falls and now we are here where there is no fall again.
 
Our house: I loved our house there. Kailie asks all the time if we can go back to our old house!
 
 Kailie making her little friends: 
She had some really great friends and still asks to go to play with them all the time!

This view!! 
This is what I saw everyday driving to my house. It is the Seneca river and boy was it pretty!

The Nursery: Kai loved the nursery there.

Her last Sunday there.

She loved this nursery leader and was always in her arms. I can't remember her name right now but she was awesome.
 Our Primary Class. I never thought I would enjoy primary but these kiddos were pretty awesome!! Most of the time anyways!
The Drive-In Movies: I really miss this. All growing up and especially through High School and College going to the drive-in was always a favorite of mine. We went a bunch of time and usually with there guys the D'Haenens family!! So fun! 
 Having fun together!

 Eating Daddy's delicious Coconut popcorn.
 Finally Movie time!

I also really enjoyed the following this past year. 
Family Festivals
The Y- gym class for Kai
Ithaca
Traveling to Boston, NYC and Niagara
The snow: I know the snow was crazy but I am going to miss the snow. Maybe just not 179 inches of it. 
Picking fresh fruit straight from the farms and the amazing farmers market!

A few things we won't miss are:
The snow: At least not that much!
Cold for so long
No good restaurants
Lack of outdoor recreation
NY State laws and Taxes can you say crazy
Blah
Gloomy, rainy days


Before we left we had a good bye party with all of our friends. 
The West's hosted it and are so awesome. We really miss them!
The kids all playing on the tramp!
Kai getting ready to roast a marshmallow.

Driving the four wheeler around. I don't know who let her do that but everybody better watch out because she is a crazy driver.

Kai and her good friend Harper. 

Thanks New York and all our friend for the fun times. 

2 comments:

Matt n' Jenni said...

Your post makes me want to visit NY! I cant wait to move down there too with all of you!! We should know January sometime!!!

emilydeardeuff said...

Fun year! I am glad you are about to have a new Texas adventure!