I just got home from my 38 week appointment and found out that I am in early labor and will deliver either tonight or tomorrow!! Yikes!!! I definitely was not ready to go this early!! On Monday, I went to get down a stroller from a hook in the garage, it was stuck and kind of hard to get down. Well as soon as it touched the ground I started to have major back pains and then some contractions. I was worried I did something, that night I thought my water broke as well so yesterday I went into the hospital to make sure my water didn't break. 6 hours later they finally checked me, said I was fine and sent me on my way. Driving home I started to have some major contractions and then all night they were pretty bad just not close together. Today at my regular appointment they checked and said that I am 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced. The weird thing is I really haven't had that many contractions today so I guess we will see what happens.
Of course we are so not ready, Jared's schedule for work is pretty crazy and I still have a bunch of things I wanted to get done before the baby came, like catching up the blog on our crazy summer, weeding the backyard, making a bunch of meals to freeze for after the baby. Not to mention this Friday is our 5th Wedding Anniversary and we were hoping to actually go out for the night since we rarely get that now with Kai and Diabetes. Saturday we were planning on going to Sea World to enjoy one last fun day together as a family of Three.
I am definitely feeling anxious and cannot believe that in a few hours we will have a new baby!! So weird!!
It has been just the three of us for so long now that it is going to be so crazy to have another. I hope Kailie handles it okay. Right now she talks about the baby all time and how he is going to come live with us. But who knows how she will handle actually having him here all the time and her not being the center of our universe anymore.
I love this little squirt so much even when she drives me crazy. I think sometimes I forget that she is only two and expect more of her, but I am going to miss just the two of us hanging out together all day long. One of my favorite things we do is in the morning if we don't have to be anywhere we just hang out in bed, playing, cuddling, tickling. We have been doing this since she was just a baby and I love and will cherish those moments of no distractions and just hanging out together. The other day we were at the grocery store and she was actually sitting in the cart. She kept stealing my grocery list and pen and saying I hide it from you mommy, then she would laugh. It was so funny and she just seemed so little and toddler like.
I told her one night as we were eating dinner that the baby was going to be coming out of my belly soon. I was just ready my birthing book and I told her that the baby was going to come out of my whohaa which is what we call that part and that it was going to hurt really bad. Well, she has never forgotten that and all day she says to me "baby come out of your whohaa mommy, baby going to hurt your whohaa." I didn't think she would really pay attention but most days that is the first thing she says to me!! Silly kid!! She also thinks there is a baby in her belly and that it is going to come out of her belly button. She says she doesn't want it to hurt her whohaa!!
She also loves to help me cook. Last week we spent a few hours baking bread and banana bread together. It was fun and messy but she definitely loves to help. She has helped Jared put the changing table together and when ever we work in the yard she just follows us around and "helps" out.
Well, I guess that is all for now, I need to go prepare for this baby that is coming soon!!



3 comments:
Wish I was there to help you get ready!!
That is super exciting! Congratulations!! I hope all goes well!
Gina you look beautiful in your maternity shots. the one of you and Kai is priceless. I always wonder if I'.. miss those moments of just the two of you with nothing else to worry about. I guess I'll find out, but hopefully not too soon! I love you. You are beautiful, strong and amazing. PS-you can totally do hard.
Post a Comment