I must say that Jared and I were both a little disappointed. We had heard so much about how great the fair was from all the locals but it turned out to be overpriced rides with lots of expensive deep fat fried food. There was some cool things like this awesome sand castle that is a tribute to The Beatles if you couldn't tell!
Most of the animals were gone the day we went so that was disappointing but there were a few left. Kai loved looking at all the piglets!
Any guesses on what this is? I can't remember the name but man was it one big furry Bunny!
We couldn't resist this picture. Jared took like a thousand of them and in everyone Kai is doing something different, of course!
We kept hearing that they have all sorts of crazy fried food like Macaroni and Cheese. Jared really wanted to try a fried snickers bar but we never found where they were selling them so we decided to try the fried twix instead. I asked them how much, fully expecting it to be like $5 dollars but instead I was surprised when they said $2.50. Then they handed me the twix and this was it.
It was like two small bites. I couldn't believe that I spent $2.50 for that and the worst part was, it wasn't even good!
The best part of the fair was the 25 cent Chocolate milk. We definitely went back there a few times and even Kailie who hasn't touched milk since last March drank two cups.
Overall it was fun, I wish the rides were cheaper so we could have ridden them but oh well!
A few weeks later we went to a Harvest Festival. It was fun, again I was surprised how much everything cost but we splurged and got some fresh potato chips, they were good!
Kailie hanging out with some buddies!
Most of the activities were for older kids so there wasn't a whole lot to do for Kai but she absolutely loved the petting zoo. There was puppies(her favorite of course), goats, bunnies and sheep.
Previous to entering the petting zoo Kai was eating the afore mentioned potato chips and therefore had salty good tasting hands. These lambs loved her fingers. All the other kids around her actually had food to give to the lambs but they kept going for Kai's hands since they tasted so good!
3 comments:
All those fun festivals! Kai's pigtails are kind of absolutely adorable. Chocolate Milk is a child pleaser. Isaak loves the stuff. Sorry about the twix-I would have been totally disappointed too.
We pretty much had that same experience at our county fair! Lame! I mean, it was ok and the kids had fun but still.... I am not sure why people love it so much.
I totally don't get the fried thing! Mac and Cheese fried??
Have to love the piggie tails!
Post a Comment