On Sept 18-20 we were able to go up to Niagara Falls. We met up with Jared's best friend from high school Matt and his wife Becky and there 4 adorable kids. It was great weather which made it a lot more enjoyable. Friday night as we were driving up there, I realized that we had not registered our car and it expired in August. The bummer is we were going to just register in Hawaii again so we could keep the plates and not have to hastle with communist New York. Then we realize that we had nothing in the car as far as the old registration, insurance, safety, none of it. When we shipped it from Hawaii we had to remove it all and I guess we just forgot to put it back. Here we are about to have to cross the Canadian border in an unregistered car with no proof at all that it belongs to us. Thankfully they never asked for anything.
On Saturday we did the Maid of the Mist!
When we were walking to the maid of the Mist it turned VERY cold and really windy so I wrapped Kai in my jacket while Jared ran back to get more clothes!
Waiting in line for the boat! Such a cute picture.
Right as I was taking this pic Kai fell face first into the pavement. Poor girl!
She is always falling!
The American Falls
Horseshoe or Canadian Falls. These are huge and you can't really see them from the boat because of all the mist hence Maid of the Mist!
We also did the Cave of the Winds which I think was even more fun than the Maid of the Mist! The line was really long though! I am sure it would be really fun in the summer when the weather is Hot so you don't mind getting wet! Our day was in the low 70's so a bit chilly to get wet! The falls directly behind us are called Bridal Veil falls and is the one we will be standing under!
Matt and Jared!
Jared, Kai and I attempting to go on the hurricane deck or under the falls. Only watch the first 25 secs after that it is just me having not stopped the recording. Still trying to figure out this new camera!
It was a little bit nerve racking to have all this water rushing by super fast and a toddler who loves water! I just kept imagining her falling or jumping in and being swept away.
See how fast the water is moving! Freaky!
See how fast the water is moving! Freaky!
After the long day of exploring the falls we headed back to Matt and Becky's hotel to play games, swim and eat! Kai instantly loved their kids especially Isaiah. They hung out all day together!
We stayed on the Canada Side the view from that side is so awesome. Way better than the view from the American side! At night they light up the falls. This is part of horseshoe falls!
Sunday we woke up went to church, then had the worst breakfast of our lives(seriously), then walked around to see the Canadian side to see the falls in the day time. The American falls. The Canadian Falls. With the Maid of the Mist
If you have ever seen the original Superman series than you will recognize this part!
This was my last day in the my twenties and it was a great way to end the decade.
That night we drove down to Erie, PA with Matt and Becky to spend Monday at an indoor water park! More of that fun to come!
5 comments:
THe last video freaks me out!! I have never been there before but it looks like a lot of fun.
You made me even more excited that I was before. Niagara Falls looks amazing. I think I might have to ducktape Isaak's hand to mine so that he doesn't run away from me. He might scream the whole time, but at least I won't be paranoid.
You guys are really doing so many cool things. Wish we could be doing them with you!
We've never been to Niagara - that's on our bucket list- glad you had so much fun:P
The Hurricane Deck was our favorite part. Seeing your video makes me want to go back! Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment