Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanks Giving

 We had a great Thanksgiving this year. We got to spend it with 3 other families from the ward.
Jen the Hostess and a friend who I actually grew up with from Kindergarten to senior year. So funny how people come back in your life.

 I also made my first completely from scratch pie or 3 of them actually. This is the Lemon Meringue I think it turned out well. The other two were both Key lime. I just couldn't decide between two recipes so I tried them both!! They were good too. 


For FHE this week we made lists of things we are grateful for this year. We did this in just a few  moments and so I am sure we have alot more we could have added.
Gina's List:
1-Being married to Jared
2-Having Kailie has a daughter
3-Great parents
4-Great Extended Family
5-Wonderful Friends
6-Kai's sweet disposition
7-America
8-Military Members
9-My Faith in God
10-Church and they amazing people we meet there
11-Our Home-very happy that we found this one
12-Good Diabetes Care-Medicine and technology
13-Food
14-Jared's Job
15-Jared's Work Ethic
16-Internet-being able to stay connected with friends and family
17-Cameras
18-Earth-Nature
19-My Health
20-Jared's Health
21-Kai's Health
22-Animals
23-Babies
24-Primary Kids
25-Good working cars
26-Electricity
27-The Prophet
28-Scriptures
29-Prayer
30-Money
31-Good, fun recreation
32-Kisses and Hugs from Kailie
33-Sleep
34-Laughter
35-Joy that Kai brings to us
37-Christ

Jared's List:
  1. Gina
  2. Kai
  3. Job, food, shelter,
  4. Chance to travel
  5. Kai smile, laugh and tantrums
  6. Christmas
  7. Christ, Church and Teachings
  8. The Atonement
  9. Prophets and General Conference
  10. Our Country-Freedom
  11. Lantus, Novolog and Diabetes Technology-Research
  12. Sunrises/Sunsets
  13. Lake Powell
  14. My Parents and Gina's Parents
  15. Chocolate/Ice cream
  16. Warm Clothes
  17. The chance to Operate and Help People
  18. Rain/Snow
  19. Kai's Cute Cheeks for kissing
  20. Fire, Hot Chocolate, Mountains, Ocean
  21. A healthy mind and body
  22. NYC
  23. Surfing and all Water/snow sports
  24. The Internet, cell phones
  25. Byu Football
  26. Brothers and Sisters
  27. The ability to have a family
  28. Work
  29. Music and Entertainment
  30. Thai food
  31. Steak
  32. Dishwashers/Laundry machines
  33. Camping
  34. River Rafting
  35. Canyons and Waterfalls
  36. Kai's Laugh
  37. Putting Kai to bed
  38. Our CTR 4 primary class
  39. Good Friends
 We truly have so much to be grateful for. I wanted to post this just so we can look back and see it when we are going through the tough times!

In church this past week the speaker talked about giving thanks and one thing he said really stuck out to me. He was talking about when Christ fed the five thousand with just the loaves of bread and fish. The apostles doubted and said there wasn't enough but Christ Thanked his Father for what they DID have and then the MIRACLE happened. It seems most of the time we want the miracle first and they we will give the thanks! Perhaps if we followed Christ's example more Miracles would happen. I know that both Jared and I would love to have a miracle happen for our sweet little girl!!

2 comments:

Megz said...

Your pie looks most professional.
Nice thankful lists!

Andrea and Justin said...

Way to go on the pies! Wish we could have celebrated our girls birthdays together again. I can't believe it has already been another year.