Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday!

 Today was Kai's 2nd Birthday! I can't believe it has already been two years since she came into our lives. I love Birthday's so my goal is to make sure my kids have a very special day on their Birthday!


My good friend Andee's family would always get woken up on their special day to their family singing this funny Mickey Mouse Birthday song. In High School Andee past on the tradition to our group of friends and then continued it in college when we were roommates. 


Basically the deal is you get woken up to this song blaring and everyone dancing around in their PJ's and then you get to go out to breakfast or have a fancy one at home. 
I am so excited to continue this tradition on with our kids. 
Kai seemed to like it!


 Every time we drive past this Restaurant/ fast food place out here called Panera, Kailie freaks out and starts saying I want I want. I guess she just loves the place which makes me happy since it is healthier food. In my quest to make her day extra special, she got to go to lunch there because a bunch of friends were all meeting there to celebrate our friend Kari's Birthday already so perfect for Kai. 
She loved the Mac n Cheese and Yogurt as always!
 One of her favorite activities right now is playing inside the cars so after she had her favorite dinner (thyme chicken and Yummy rice) daddy took her out there and let her play to her hearts content! She loves to buckle the seatbelts, pretend she is driving and even use the cd player as a piggy bank but that is a story for another day!
 Sadly, the presents we got for her hadn't arrive yet so all she got to open was her card from Grandma and Grandpa but she loved it and played with the card forever. I think she thought it was a book which she loves books right now!

All in all I think she had a great day and was such an angel all day! 
We are so happy to have the little squirt in our lives.

Happy Birthday my sweet Baby! 
Love you!

2 comments:

Cory&SadieK said...

What a fun day Gina! You did an awesome job at making her day super special. Kai's Two! How crazy! You've been a Mom for two years! the time flies eh? PS--you are awesome at what you do!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really fun day. I hope you do the shorter version of Happy B-day before blowing out the candles, otherwise you might just end up with a pool of wax ;) Eliza was our first to wipe poop on the walls, and she's not quite 2 yet...long year indeed! Best wishes and always great to see updates from you guys.