Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The most beautiufl campus/city in the Country

Kai was pretty excited to hold her on umbrella!!
Of course the rest of us got pretty soaked since she is a little small to cover us as well!
Ithaca New York- I kept hearing from all sorts of people that Ithaca is definitely a place to visit in New York. It was such an amazing town! It has at least 100 waterfalls within the town and it sits on the edge of a beautiful lake! We are pretty sure that a lot of the scenes from the movie Last of the Mohicans were filmed here.
It is also home to Cornell University! As we were driving through the campus, I stated that Cornell is the most beautiful campus in the country and Cory just laughed and was like you haven't been to all of the campus's, which is true but I bet there isn't any other University's that has huge real waterfalls in the middle of the campus. Here is one of those waterfalls and Cornell is literally right to the right of the falls.
It was raining pretty hard this day so we didn't get to spend a lot of time outside enjoying the falls but we all had a good time at this one even if we all got soaked and it took us forever to figure out where to park!
Sadie is my best friend from college. My first semester at the U of U she ended up being in ALL of my classes and then we were also in the same ward. Needless to say we were destined to be friends. Someday we hope to open up a program for youth but for now we are just enjoying being mom's together!!
Cory is pretty awesome too. He was like our unofficial 8th roommate when Sadie and I and 6 other girls all lived together.  Can you say Crazziness!

Anyways if you are ever in upstate New York you  MUST visit this amazing place. You will not be disappointed. I would even recommend eating lunch at the Ithaca Bakery for some awesome Deliciousness!!

1 comment:

Aden & Jamie Hirtle said...

Wow it looks beautiful there! I am jealous! Maybe someday we'll visit there!