Jan l. 2011
Dear Family and Friends,
Well another year has come and gone and again we figured we would prolong the Christmas spirit
and send out our Cards after the New Year.
2010 was definitely a year of opposites for our family. We started out the year living in beautiful
Hawaii. Enjoying the sunshine and great weather. Jared was extremely busy being the Chief Resident
and Bishop at the same time. I was busy serving in the Young Womens, teaching Pilates and of
course taking care of Kailie.
In April our world got turned upside down when little Kailie who was 16 months old at the time was
diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. It has been a huge adjustment for us all, especially Jared and I. Kailie
has taken it in stride and doesn't seemed to be too bothered by the pricks or the insulin shots.
In June we said goodbye to our first home Hawaii and all of our dear friends and moved across the
nation to Syracuse, New York. Syracuse has been completely opposite of Hawaii especially
experiencing fall and winter for the first time in 5 years and boy is it cold!!
Jared pretty much sets his own hours at work and has enjoyed the time he has to learn and study. He
is loving the fellowship he is doing in cranial facial reconstruction and is trying to soak in as much
knowledge and experience he can get in this fellowship year. As far as church goes he got the calling
he was hoping for; we team teach the CTR 4 class and he loves it. After being Bishop all he wanted
to do was be in the primary.
I spend my days hanging out with the Kaister. We have fun just playing at home or going to the park,
meeting up with friends. New York has been an adjustment for me and I spend a lot more time at
home than I did in Hawaii. I loved the fall time here, the east truly does have amazing leaves and I
am really enjoying visiting the big cities. As much as I love the outdoors I think I was born to live in
a big city.
Kailie just turned 2 this past November and is definitely a full on toddler equipped with tantrums and
everything else associated with the terribly two's but mostly she is an incredibly loving, kind kid who
loves to laugh and play and is very mischievous. She is not afraid of anyone and loves to be around
people. We are-grateful that she is so easy-going because diabetes brings a lot of added stress and
things to worry about and do everyday. Her sweet spirit just makes it that much easier to handle.
We miss Hawaii and all of our friends terribly but have enjoyed meeting new people and visiting
some of the great sights in the East such as: Niagara Falls, Boston, New York City and Palmyra. We
cannot believe that our time in NY is half way over and are nervous/excited to find out where our
new home will be this July.
We are happy to put 2010 behind us and are grateful for the many people who have helped us
through out this year. We are especially grateful for our knowledge of the Savior and the plan and
Salvation and that someday Kailie will be healed of her illness.
We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and have a very Happy and Healthy 2011.
Love,
The Theler's
Jared, Gina and Kailie

2 comments:
What an eventful year! I am glad Jared is liking his fellowship! I am sorry to hear about Kailie's diabetes. I have become closer to my Savior than I ever would have without my Crohns so I think her illness can be a blessing to you all--even though it is stressful! You both are great parents and she is blessed to have you!
You definitely have added on the miles this year.
You little 'Kaister' is so cute.
Post a Comment