Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Return to the Islands!

Playing in the ocean for the first time!
Back in Febuary we packed up and heading home or at least that is what it felt like to us. We were able to go back to this beautiful island for 10 days. Jared had a conference out there that the military paid for him to go so we all went and made a family trip out of it. The flight was NOT FUN AT ALL. It was really long. We had to fly from San Antonio to Dallas which was a fine quick trip but I was sick and I hate flying when I have a cold because I can't clear my ears and then I lose all hearing in one or both ears. Last time I lost my hearing from flying it took 3 weeks to come back so I was super stressed. The flight from Dallas to LA was horrible it was so long (4 hours) and I just completely lost all hearing so I was super stressed and we had to taxi forever. I was seriously on the verge of a meltdown. I just wanted off that plane so bad and we still had the long 6 hour flight to Hawaii.That flight ended up being much better, the kids slept most of the time. We got in at like 2 in the morning our time. I had lost all hearing in one ear and we barely crammed all of our stuff in our car but as soon as we starting driving on the H1 we just knew it was all worth it. We were home!!
 
Kai Checking out the view our first morning there. 
We spent the first 3 days at the Hawaii Hilton in Waikiki. Jared was at the conference all day and night those first days so I was all alone with 2 kiddos, stuck with out a car or food or anything but we ended up having a blast well at least this little girlie did.

We spent our days playing on the playground, swimming at the beach and mostly swimming in the pools and going down the waterslides. 
Kai was on her own for pretty much all of it since I had to watch McKean and he was still a little too young to being swimming and the water was a little bit cold for him. She loved all the slides and went down them over and over. She even snuck in a few going down head first on her belly. I just happened to catch the Lifeguard catch Kai do it and he was totally laughing. I am sure he thought who is this tiny kid running around with a parent and brave enough to go down head first. That would be our Kailie!1
She was desperate to have some friends to play with so she would just kind of attach herself to other people. Here she is playing with some random stranger. 
She did however make some cute little friends Tiana and Sophia who were sisters. She played with them for like 4 hours. I got to know their parents pretty well. They were a cute family. The older girl Sophia just loved Kailie and took care of her. 
Playing in the hot tub.
Going down the little slide backwards.
This one didn't have a lifeguard so she loved that!

We also visited the penguins everyday!
And the fish!
Mr. Keaner's spent his time laying around or sleeping in the stroller.
We were pretty much stuck downtown all day and even at night since Jared had work dinners so just played there. My friend Cameo did come down and hang out for awhile one afternoon which was awesome to see her.
 
We did occasionally come back to the room and hang out. 
We entertained ourselves by taking silly photos!
 
These were all taking with in a few seconds of each other. 
So funny how much McKeans facial expression changes. 
 

 This was our first time swimming since Kai has been potty trained. So she still thought she had to wear a swim diaper. Silly girl put it on the outside of her swimsuit!
We literally swam all day and then the kids both would crash at like 4:30/5:00 pm since that was bedtime at home. 
Kai's Blood sugar was low all day. I honestly think that if she was this active everyday all day she wouldn't really need any insulin at all. She was under 100 all day and I was making her eat 10-12 carbs at least every hour!
On Wednesday we had to check out of the room, we were moving over to the Marine base for the rest of our trip,  but Jared had his conference still all day so we  were still stuck there. Well apparently most hotels will let you use a hotel room at the end of the day to clean up and shower and change. So we spent the day swimming and then used this hospitality room. Of course it just happened to be in the rainbow tower and had this amazing view of waikiki and diamondhead. It was awesome. We took a really fast shower so we could just spend the rest of the time sitting out on the balcony enjoying the view.


Kai loved it as you can tell and spent her time just looking at everyone and everything. I had a blast watching her have so much but I was bummed that I couldn't get in the water with her and was really ready to have Jared free to come play with us!
The hilton was fun and I am excited to go back in a few weeks.
 Being in the military definitely has its perks sometimes!!

1 comment:

Cory&SadieK said...

That makes me want to vacation in Hawaii! I love that place and u get to go back! Jealous!