Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Reunion!


 My dear Grandma Gardner passed away a few weeks ago. She was my last grandparent and it was hard to have her leave but I am sure she is so happy right now to be reunited with my grandfather after 16 years apart and with her parents and siblings and my cousin Steph.

I am so happy that she was able to meet McKean before she passed. Her newest greatgrandchild bringing the total so far to 39.

I had a feeling at this last visit over Christmas that this would probably be the last time I got to see my grandma, I am glad we got to visit her and wish we lived closer so we could have gone to say goodbye!!

Meeting Kailie for the first time!!
At Kailie's baby blessing!
I was also really sad that I couldn't be there for the funeral. It just happened to be the same week that we were in Hawaii and flying to Hawaii and then to Utah and then home just didn't sound so great with two little kids so sadly I was the only one in the entire family that wasn't there. Sometimes I really hate being so far away, I feel as though I miss out on all the family stuff!
Goodbye Grandma, you were amazing lady who did a lot of good in this world.
See you in the next!


Mildred Louise Earl Gardner




Mildred Louise Earl Gardner
1917 ~ 2012
Mildred Louise Earl Gardner, exemplary woman. It is with great love, respect and appreciation that we announce the celebration of our mothers life, just 95 years young. Mildred was born Feb. 6, 1917 to Ira Earl and Louise Peterson in Salt Lake City, UT. She grew up during the depreciation and became the major provider of her parents, brother and three sisters as both parents were too ill to work at the time. She graduated from South High School and put herself through business college.
She met Myron Gardner while helping a cousin in Ely, NV, and married him five years later on July 22, 1939 in Salt Lake City, UT. They were sealed in the Manti Temple on May 12, 1960. She was mother to Myrna (Keith) Muhlestein, Larry (Marian) Gardner, Ron (Shereen) Gardner and Deborah (Jim) Hunter; grandparents of 21 and great-grandparents of 39. Survived by her children, a sister Glenda Fullerton, grand and great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by her husband, one brother, two sisters, one granddaughter and three great-grandchildren.
Mom was a devoted member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, serving in both Ward and Stake positions. She was a Temple Worker in the Provo Temple for 27 years. She spent hundreds of hours doing genealogy as she committed to her grandfather she would.
Our admiration is expressed to this great example, there was no complaining or expression of sadness made by her as she accepted what she knew would be her death. Instead, there was a sincere expression of love towards many and instructions of how to accept and live our lives without her.
We express our appreciation to all who helped mother and showed such great love and support to her; especially to Lisa.
Bless you mom, we look forward to hearing about your journey and to be with you and dad again. Love, your grateful family. The blessing of having you as a mother was ours, and the privilege of learning at your knee.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m., Friday, February 24, 2012 at the Grandview 18th Ward Chapel, 1260 West 1150 North, Provo, UT. Friends may call at the Berg Mortuary of Provo, Thursday evening from 6 until 8 and at the church Friday from 9:30-10:45 a.m. prior to services. Interment will be in East Lawn Memorial Hills, 4800 North 650 East, Provo, UT.

No comments: