Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sunrises and Surfing!


Wednesday night late we checked in to our little cabin on the marine base and woke up to this view!!
It was pretty awesome to have this all day! 
I have missed rainbows so so much!
The nice thing about the cabins besides the awesome view is that they have a full kitchen and two bedrooms so we  can actually have good healthy food and some space. 

 
 I got up every morning to watch the sunrise.
Which wasn't really hard since we were still on TX time!
  Kai joined me most days!! 
Meanwhile these two snoozed away!
I think my favorite thing about this vacation was that I didn't have to stay up every night late to check Kai. I went to bed early and Jared stayed up.
It was a nice break!
Thursday morning we woke up and headed out to join the Relief Society Sisters in some good Ole surf fun!! It was so strange to only know like three people there, Cameo, Suzy Taylor and Marjorie and it was even weirder to see all of our friends old surf boards including our own still being used there.
Kai was pretty excited to go surfing!!
McKean not so much!!
Jared took Kai out to give her her first taste of surfing.
 She seemed to really like it except that she got really cold.





Little Surfer Girl!
I love that she is so adventurous!
It makes me wonder if this kid is going to be the total opposite and be a wimp. 
I guess only time will tell!
Jared fell asleep with his phone on his stomach and had a cell phone tan mark all week!
Kai had fun playing with all the kids in the sand!
I had a blast surfing. It felt so good to be back out there. 
While I was out there paddling I just couldn't help but think that Surfing is just good for the soul!!
 Man I miss surf group and all of my fellow surf buddies!

Later we came back to our place to get ready for dinner.
 
  Jared is getting pretty good and doing Kai's hair!
Kean was just happy as always!
 


Scott an ENT doc. with Jared came  to hang out. I went to Hickam and met up with the Redd Family while the kids had soccer practice. It was so nice to be back on Hickam, I love that base and I love the Redd kids and they love Kai and now McKean.Then we all headed to my favorite dinner the Mongolian BBQ at the Officer's club on Hickam. I Love It. I wish I would have taken some photos.

Jordyn took care of Mckean!

No comments: