| The Chef already to start baking! |
I decided last year that valentines day will be the holiday that I make my yearly batch of sugar cookies. I am not a huge fan of sugar cookies and neither is Jared but I do think they are really fun to make and I want Kai to grow up making them.
Kai loved rolling out the dough and cutting out the shapes. I gave her her own dough and let her play to her hearts content with it.
The cookies ended up being kind of gross. I tried a butter cream frosting which I have never done before and it didn't work so well. Next year I am going back to my original glaze frosting. Kai still enjoyed frosting and eating them
The ward playgroup did a little valentines day party. I cannot wait till Kai is in school and we can make an awesome valentines treat box. That was my favorite thing about valentines day as kid.
Enjoying the food at the party!
Daddy got her her first box of Chocolates. She was pretty excited but then soon forgot about them since they were up on the fridge but don't worry the chocolates didn't go to waste. I definitely enjoyed them.
As for Jared and I. He surprised with a date the night before which was fun and always nice to get a break from the kids. On valentines day itself I was sick with a cold so it was just another sick day for me. Blah.
1 comment:
It is great to see the pictures of the kids - thanks for posting all of these for us to see here in China. We miss you all sooooo much! Love - XXXXOOOO Carolyn
Post a Comment