First of all I want to thank everyone for your nice, encouraging comments, they really helped me feel better.
Secondly, I must have the worst timing in the world with my blog posts. Last time that I wrote about the trials in my life in this post the very next day Kailie was diagnosed with Diabetes and I just wished more than anything that I could just go back to those trials before the diagnosis and how easy they seemed.
This time I write the previous post and then a few days later we find out that now Kailie might have Celiacs Disease on top of Diabetes. Seriously, I think I should just never write again about anything hard or bad in our lives. All I want now is just for her to only have Diabetes when before Diabetes seemed so overwhelming. Funny how things change so quick. As for the Celiac's we won't know anything for sure until April when they can do the test but we are praying for a miracle that she doesn't have it. It seems like we are drowning as is so that new disease might just push us under.
In other news in our diabetes journey. We started Kailie on a insulin pump today. I have been really excited the past few months to get her on the pump but today I have really mixed emotions about it. I realized this morning as I was bathing her that today was the last day that she will not have something attached to her body for probably the rest of her life and it just made me really sad. I know that the pump will help keep her blood sugars better regulated which will be super nice since lately her average has been in the 300 and she will be able to eat whatever she wants whenever which is awesome. But it is a big change and I don't do well with change so we will see how this goes. As of tonight I am not so excited about it.
5 comments:
I hope all the good things about the pump outweigh the bad! Good luck with it.
Celiac Disease?? Dang, you guys are sure getting educated. Hopefully the worries will be for naught.
I really hope that the pump is working out well for you and especially Kailie.
I know Celiac Disease is not what you had been hoping for but if it turns out that she really has it, there is worse. Really. So many people are diagnosed with it lately, it is crazy! But it is getting easier and easier to live with it and prepare meals.
I still hope she does not have it though!
I am SO SORRY about the possible Celiac disease. Just know that if it is... there are so many more options now.
And I'm THRILLED to hear that you are on the pump!!! We cannot wait for the day that is a possibility for us. Less shots, more stable sugars, and more accurate dosings!!!
Continued prayers for you in your journey.
We hope all goes well with Kailie's test and the pump. I have to admit I didn't fully understand everything you guys have to do with taking care of Kailie and her diabetes until I read your last post- it has to be exhausting- but thank goodness she has you for a mom! You are such a great example to me of strength!! Whatever comes I know you guys are the best people to handle it. We will continue to pray for you- and miss you very much!
well now its been a few days on the pump and I hope you are liking it--even with the new meter. I hope that it's benefits outweigh it's fall backs. And if you don't like it yet--maybe you will in a month. I'm slow with change too--I have to warm up to it.
Post a Comment