Look Who's 1!!
This sweet little boy turned One on Saturday the 6th and I just can't believe it!!
I feel as though this year has gone by so much faster than Kai's first year and I also feel as though I don't truly know McKean. I guess that is what happens when you are not the only child, eh? But, I do love this little guy so much and Have LOVED having him in our family. I remember last Christmas just really feeling like we were a real family, more complete now having McKean in our lives.
We were up in Austin on his Birthday, which is only fitting since he is named after that city and can I just say that we hadn't really been to Austin when we decided to name him that but it is such a cool city. If and that is a big IF, I had to live in Texas forever, I would want to live there.
Friday night we went to this awesome park and just enjoyed the time outside and enjoyed McKean's last day of being a BABY!!
He is right on the verge of walking and loves to hold your hand and walk. I personally don't want him to walk because I LOVE LOVE LOVE his monkey crawl.
He is such a sweet little guy who loves to cuddle and laugh. He has definitely brought a lot of Laughter into our home which was such a blessing.
I truly love spending my day hanging out with him.
He is crazy and gets into everything and climbs on everything and eats everything but I love that.
He makes me laugh.
He is crazy and gets into everything and climbs on everything and eats everything but I love that.
He makes me laugh.
He also really loves his sister. They play well MOST of the time.
He is a little ham and loved to look at himself in the mirror in our hotel room.
Hey there handsome boy!
Saturday, the day of his actual birth, the guys left early for their race and Andrea and I and the kids were just going to hang out and swim at the pool but to our surprise we woke up to 6o degree's and decided to head to the park instead.
San Antonio really doesn't have any great parks so this was such a treat to go to one two days in a row and it was so AWESOME that it was cooler.
I love pants and sweatshirts. Hooray!!
I love pants and sweatshirts. Hooray!!
This cute old fire truck that they converted to be part of the play ground.
Perhaps this little guy will grow up to be a fire man.
This was the morning of general conference in which they announced the mission age changes. Can't believe this little guy has one less year with us now!!
This was the morning of general conference in which they announced the mission age changes. Can't believe this little guy has one less year with us now!!
We rode the train that goes all around the huge park and along the river. The babies and Kai
and Brinley did great and had fun. Savanna not so much, she was really
cold.
On our way out we let the girls get a balloon from this old clown guy that was just there making balloons for all the kids at the park. He had a line the whole time and I am sure he made some great money. What a great thing to do when you are older.
I love Brin's face in this, She got a mermaid, Kai got a flower and Savanna a butterfly. He did a really cool horse that we tried to talk the girls into getting but they wanted these instead.
After a really long drive home, we finally made it. Jared had to go to priesthood conference, so we did a quick open presents and cards from the grandparents.
McKean is a little unsure of this laughing dog that rolls around, he doesn't cry but he doesn't want him to come by him either.
So cute!
So cute!
Then we had some of his favorite foods for dinner. Pancakes, these are delicious homemade whole wheat and we all love them.
Add a green smoothie and it is one delicious easy healthy meal that we all love.
This kid loves his smoothies.
This kid loves his smoothies.
I realized as we were eating that it was the exact time that McKean was born. 6:54 pm. So I snapped these couple of shots. Crazy that this is exactly one year apart.
Happy Happy 1st Birthday Sweet little Keaner's.
We love you and love having you in our family!!
You have brought us so much joy and laughter.
Love you little guy!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! I forgot how close in age our kids are. You'll have to send me the recipe for those pancakes. They look good.
Post a Comment