Monday, October 1, 2012

When it Rains it Pours!

 
We don't get too much rain here in San Antonio but when it does Rain it Pours. It is crazy and we have definitely had some crazy windy, lightening, thunder storms since we have lived here. The storms are fun but also kind of scary because of tornadoes. I miss my Utah summer thunder storms where you don't have to really worry about tornadoes. 

It has been nice to get some rain and some cooler weather.
Jared was gone for a week to D.C. and the night he got home was another crazy storm. I had to go pick him up late at night and I took his little car instead of my big SUV. I quickly realized that was a huge mistake because San Antonio is just not equipped for rain like this and there was standing water all over the roads and freeways. It was really freaky and I even passed a couple of cars that were completely stuck in water. I saw on electronic road sign a warning that said "If there is water on the road turn around, don't drown" Awesome!!!  As soon as I got to the airport, I jumped out and told Jared he was driving. Of course, by then it has let up a bit and wasn't so bad.

No comments: