We had a fun Halloween season this year. I decided long ago when I bought McKean's cute little Alien costume that we were going to be Toy Story Characters. Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head are so fitting for the Alien so we had to be them. I spent a LONG time making them. Mostly because I haven't sewed for a long time so I had to figure out how to do everything again. I love the costumes though and it was fun to sew. I felt so domestic. They even have spare parts stored in a butt pocket in the back. So Awesome!!
Our ward trunk or treat was our first chance to wear our costumes this year and I barely finished Jared's costume just in time for the party!
Kailie was so excited to be Jessie and whenever she was asked what she was going to be she would say all happy " I am going to be Jessie." Then the night of the party, she did not want to dress up or do anything. I don't think she was feeling well but she had no symptoms of anything other than being tired and not eating. So I barely talked her into putting her costume on and she reused to wear the hat.
The poor girl was definitely not having the best night. She didn't eat anything at all at dinner and just wasn't her normal, happy, crazy self.
She did have fun doing all the games.
McKean wouldn't wear his hat either little stinker and Justin the Wizard totally freaked him out here and he came a scooting over to his Momma!
Our good friends the Taylors were the Avengers. Love that movie and love their costumes. Ironman, Black Widow, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor and Lucy from Narnia and the cute little precious tiger. Love these guys, so sad they are moving so soon!
Jared doing his usual scaring of the kids with the hand as the reach in to get Candy!
McKean just enjoyed his freedom of exploring the car!
And did not enjoy his hat!
It was COLD, or at least cold for San Antonio so we were all a little chilly during the Trunk or Treat part.
Our next party was our annual Dinner in a Pumpkin Halloween Party. This year it was mandatory that your food had to be Halloweeney and you had to be in Costume. It turned out cute and we all had a good time.
Brett and Stacie the Cowboys and their cute little Dog, they were minus one little Rapunzel who was running around having too much fun to stop for a photo.
Scott and Andrea or should I say Joker, Catwoman with their cute little BatMan.
The Kecks or should I say the Wizard and his Witch along with their adorable little Kitty Cat.
They are also missing two cute little witches.
Our good friends the Steeles from Hawaii were in town and able to come but their two cute little kids are the only evidence I have that they were there. It was so fun to have them over and catch up with them again.
Then there was the Toy Story Klan minus one very tired Buzz Lightyear that was taking a snooze somewhere. Our friends Joe and Heather and their kids were all Toy Story characters as well. So fun to have almost all of us. And no Kailie did not want to wear her costume this night either, I had to make her just for the photos.
Chowing down the Grubb!
No Halloween party would be complete with out a Witch's Brew!!
And Yummy Caramel Apples. He loved this and chowed down on it for quite awhile.
The whole gang minus the Steeles and Fitzgeralds who had already left before we thought to take a group photo.
It was a fun night, now on to figuring out what we will be next year!! According to Kailie she wants to be a witch since that is what her best friends were.
I guess time will tell~!~
No comments:
Post a Comment