Last Saturday we did the Gladiator Rock n Run 5k which was actually a 7k. I was really nervous the weeks before but once I looked at all the 21 obstacles I felt better. Nitro from the American Gladiator show was the creator of this and was there. It was funny to see him.
We did a girls team first at 8:30 am and then the boys got to go at 10:00.
Here is Andrea, Me, Andrea Nelson and Molly Cragun getting ready to start.
I was not excited about the running part. I HATE running and have barely run since McKean was born which was a big mistake. I should have trained at least a little bit for this. I just assumed it would be less running and more obstacles but there was some long stretches of running. Turns out this is the longest I have ever run in my life and I was super sore the next day. Oops with all the mud and kiddos I totally spaced stretching. Besides that, it was really fun. I liked all the obstacles. There were tunnels to go through and muddy pits to wade through. Dumpsters to climb in and out of. The best ones were the last few. The FREEZING Polar Bear plunge.
The cargo net.
Which I almost flipped over on.
Justin caught this photo just perfectly. I almost dived right over it.
This last mud crawl was awesome. It had barbed wire lines going across. This is Stacie.
She got through barely getting dirty.
Then came the rest of us.
I just decided to lay down and get dirty. Way more fun that way!
I just decided to lay down and get dirty. Way more fun that way!
Andrea was with me on the getting dirty part!
Stopping for a quick photo before facing the big wall. Molly and Stacie rocked it and went really fast. The rest of us took it a bit slower. Mostly because of me being so slow at running but we did still pass a ton of people.
Then came this big wall. There was no way to get over without the help of others. I was the first and there was tons of guys up there helping who I just thought were the race volunteers so I climbed down and walked around to watch Andrea and then realized that most of the guys had left.Oops so I climbed back up to help my team climb it.
Andrea Nelson making her way over.
Heather was the last one up and over.
Then it was on to the fiery obstacle to the finish.
All the girls. Left to Right: Molly Cragun, Me, Stacie Reeves, Holly Creer, Andrea Keck, Heather Widdison, Andrea Nelson, and Becky Jones. All in all it was a blast! I am very glad that Andrea talked me into doing it. The guys had to start right when we finished so I had to hurry and get cleaned up to feed McKean and take care of them. That was definitely the hardest part of the day. Poor kid definitely had a muddy milk lunch that day!
The guys cruised through the course. Which was nice for us since it was getting hot. We did it in an hour and the guys did it in about 40 minutes. The mud had started to dry up a little bit so they didn't get too dirty. Jared and Chad making their way. Chad did get stuck though. He is the one in the middle right with his black shorts stuck on the wire.
Austin came to the rescue and had to rip his shorts to get them free.
Justin making his way through.
The guys: Justin Keck, Austin Nelson, Jared, Chad Cragun.
They had it way easy over the wall having these two guys lift them up and over.
Crossing the fire. I love Jared in this one!
It was an awesome day. We plan to do it again next year barring being pregnant.
These two cuties were so awesome all day. The drive home was long because of all the traffic. So we had fun taking silly photos and waving to their daddies who were in front of us sitting in the back of a truck!

1 comment:
seriously! grandma has been the watering the yard & shes scared to go outside cause of the snakes. & yes poor putchee is sad having your dad gone so he is very depressed..we try to give him attention but he's pretty sad. & yeah, every time grandma mentions you guys she always calls kailie harbor, i wonder if she even knows thats not her first name haha. but it actually sounds really cute..harbor as a first name. It could have worked! lol. Love these pictures. Ive always wanted to do one of these 5 ks.
Post a Comment