Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Losing My Mind!

Some days I swear I am losing my mind! Like take today for example or actually lets start with last night. I get a drink of almond milk and as I pour some I recognize that the carton is mostly full, so I think I don't need to get a new one when I go to the store. This morning, I wake up and go to grab some more Milk and the carton is not in the fridge. So I think back, did I drink it all last night? No it was almost full, Huh? So where is the milk? Then the search begins, the pantry-no, the garbage-no, the cupboards-ah-ha the glass cupboard. Great!! Nice one Gina!! 



Then today, I leave the gym after a pretty tough workout and we have some time before the swim playgroup starts so I decide to "quickly" stop by Ross and look for some luggage since we are need of some new ones. I decide to just grab my wallet and not my purse or cell phone since this will be "quick". I have my keys and McKean but then Kai needs help putting her shoes on, which is so annoying that she takes them off every time we get in the car. Anyways, so I put down McKean and I put my keys in her car seat which is in the car, then reach down to help her. As I close the door which I had already locked I realized that my keys were inside still and so was my cell phone. Total Bummer. 
And this is the part of the story where not having to memorize phone numbers anymore becomes a really bad thing. Thankfully, I know Jared's of course, so I go inside Ross and ask a nice lady if I can borrow her phone all the while just praying that Jared will answer. Did I mention that he is out of town right now Moonlighting so I have no clue his schedule and he could have been in the O.R. for all I knew. Thankfully he answered and I was like "Um can you call Andrea and ask her to go get the spare keys from our house and drive them out to me. 
Thankfully she was available and made it out quick.

Then as we were hanging out in the store I was browsing through some clothes racks and Kai was pushing Kean in the cart. I look up and they are gone, Don't see the cart at all and at the same time a lady finds some credit cards on the floor and asks if they are mine. Sure enough they were which meant Kean had gotten into my wallet that I had placed in his car seat and was losing cards all over the store not to mention the fact that I had no clue where my two kids were. I was like yelling Kai's name in the store and she did not respond but a few shoppers said  they are over  by the toys. Little stinker had gone really far in like two seconds. Then we had to back track and try to find all of my cards. 
Wow, what a day and it wasn't even 11 am yet!!

 I had no food for Kai or no glucometer to check her seeing as they were both in my purse.
 Lesson learned. 
Don't leave cell phone or purse and most importantly keys in the car oh and Memorize Andrea's number!
I know how you feel little buddy!!

2 comments:

Cindy and Jordan said...

oh man what a day! lol did you find your luggages at least? haha

Kari said...

That sounds like a rough morning!