We decided to go down to the Gulf for a quick little weekend trip with the Keck's and the West's. Sadly, Jared ended up not being able to come so it was just me and the two kiddos. Talk about crazy!!
We left Thursday evening with the Keck's and us all crammed into our pilot. It was full to capacity which was nice to see how it goes being that full. We got down to Corpus Christy and had a dinner at a Surf Seafood restaurant that was more like a bar. The kids were all super tired, we got a mile from our hotel and then came to a road closed sign. This road went basically over the bay so the only other way was to go all the way around back through the city. It took a while and McKean screamed the whole time. He was tired and ready to nurse. Poor kid and poor us.
Friday morning we headed out to the Aircraft Carrier the USS Lexington. It was fun. The kids loved all the little fake airplanes they could play in.
Up on the deck was hot and crazy windy, so windy it pushed the stroller a few times.
McKean with the kind of ghetto Corpus in the back.
Walking the plank. I sure wanted Kai to walk the plank after that trip. Ha ha She was okay but I am really getting tired of her being so mean and defiant all the time.
McKean checking out the blue angels. I am sure in a few years he will love this stuff.
The girls all had fun walking the lines on the deck.
Then after a very delicious lunch at Hector's cafe we headed to this awesome playground on the water. It was super hot and humid but the kiddos still had fun.
Keaner's seemed to enjoy his first time swinging.
Kai and Savannah loved this little device.
Who can hold on the longest.
Mean while these two squirts duked it out under the shade. Madi has always been getting McKean stealing his Binky and everything else but he is starting to hold his own.
Then we headed to the beach. Finally, it was getting so hot.
I could barely get my suit on because my body was so sticky.
I could barely get my suit on because my body was so sticky.
This definitely was no Hawaii but the water was really warm which was a surprise.
The West family and Justin's head, Sorry guys~!
Us girls hanging out on the beach.
It just almost just like the good ole days of surf group.
It just almost just like the good ole days of surf group.
These girlie's had a blast playing together. Then we headed to dinner in our swimsuits to a fancy Thai restaurant. The food was okay but it was way expensive which is a bummer because Thai is supposed to be cheap and delicious.
The next day we headed down to Padre Island. The beaches here were better except for all the seaweed everywhere. The one thing that I miss so much were public bathrooms and especially showers. I just have a hard time playing in ocean water and then not rinsing off and not having bathrooms for the little ones is a pain. Justin made a trip with them up over the hills to dig a hole.
They all got along fairly well.
That is a lot of Pink!
That is a lot of Pink!
We taught Kai to boogie board in Hawaii so she was already a natural and loved it even though she got rolled a few times. I was a little worried about her ear tubes but they didn't seem to bother her.
Savanna and Kai were the only two who would boogie board they spent the majority of the day in the water playing together.
Cheetos's Break.
Lunch time. It was windy and not too too hot so we all didn't apply as much sunscreen as we should have. We all did it twice in the 4 1/2 hours we were there but we all were still burned except the babies.
Oh sibling love.
McKean was pretty easy and spent most of the time playing in the tent,
the stroller and even took a nap. I know next time we go to the beach he
will not be that easy.
Getting tired and trying to fall asleep with Janna and Nikki
Tyler rented a board and they talked us all in to going out and trying it.
It was fun and actually felt a little bit like white plains.
But the boogie boards were my favorite. I never really did that much in Hawaii but this time it was a blast. My favorite thing about the ocean here was that there was no coral or anything on the bottom so you didn't have to worry about stepping on anything. I hate stepping on anything in water and usually wear my chacos but I didn't need to here.
Kai showing off her name and no she did not write it although it does look like she did.
All the kiddos
Left to right: Lily, Nikki, Brinley, Savanna, Madi, Mckean,and Kai. Poor McKean is always the only boy. You couples need to start producing some male offspring. He needs some little buddies to romp around with.
We headed home Saturday afternoon straight from the beach. We were all pretty exhausted when we got home. Thankfully Jared was well rested from his few days alone so he was able to help out a lot. We had to hurry and unpack everything just to repack and leave the next day after church to go up to Austin for Jared and Justin's Tri-athlon.
All in all it was a great trip, pretty rushed but fun. I definitely want to go back down to the beach.
Thanks guys for a great trip.
1 comment:
Fun! The gulf! That's awesome that you can take a quick trip to the beach, but it's sad how beaches are never the same once you've been to Hawaii. The beaches there are just the best-well I think so anyway. I can't wait until isaak grows out od his oppositionalness. Somedays it's better and some days I think might implode with frustration!
Post a Comment