Friday, July 27, 2012

Hickam Fun!

We spent a lot of our time on Hickam AFB. I love that base so much. It is beautiful, it has the best pathway ever and it is safe and has great parks.
This is where Kai first started swinging so it was fun to bring McKean there for his first swings as well.
So Precious!

We walked the path way a lot. I miss this more than probably anything else in Hawaii!! I started coming to the pathway when I was just an intern and spent many hours just hanging out on the sea wall looking at the fish, the crabs and the naval ships and subs!
I had two stoleaways in my trunk!! We brought Kai's scooter with us and she used a ton the first two weeks and then all of the sudden it was gone. So we aren't sure if we accidentally left it at the park or if it got stolen out of our car.
The red, white and blue park brought back so many memories of our time there and all of the amazing people we met!
These two just had fun playing!

Going down the big slide together. Kai was so excited to get to hold McKean. He seemed pretty happy about it too.
Coming out the bottom!!


Where is Kailie????
Silly girl kept riding in the stroller like this!! She is so funny!!
Funny story, one morning we were eating breakfast at the little club there and as were going to walk outside to our table. I was carrying the tray and pushing the stroller so I asked Kai to open the door. Well right next to the door was a big red handle and she thought that was how you opened it, and sure enough it was the fire alarm. The poor girl was TERRIFIED and so emabarrassed. They had to completely shut down the place until the fire dept came and made sure it was okay. She was crying and kept trying to hide and kept asking to leave. We went outside and ate our breakfast, the next time we went there she would not even go near the door and the workers were quick to run over and help us. It was pretty funny!

Kai loved walking the sea wall, which of course made me worry!

Kean enjoyed his nap!
 Oh how I miss this place!!! 

We stopped by the Keck's old stomping grounds. Brought back so many fond memories of our time with dear friends there!
 
 We also drove over to Ford Island and visited the USS Utah Memorial.

 
My favorite memorial!


 No trip to Hickam would be complete with out going to our favorite dinner the Mongolian BBQ at the O-club.
So Yummy and you can't beat the setting!!
Kean getting cozy with Haley!

 
 Perfect way to end the night!!

No comments: