Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Little Swimmer!



Kai has always been a little fish but she was a fish who couldn't swim by herself and I have been really wanting her to learn. Especially after last year when she jumped into her grandparents pool with out anything  on and Jack had to jump in, in his clothes with cell phone and wallet in his pockets to save her.

The past couple of weeks she has been in Swim lessons. They were still the Mommy and Me class which I was bummed about and thought that she wouldn't learn to swim by herself with me in there. She was learning to float better and swim but then she got sick and missed her last couple of lessons.

Last night we went to Sea world for family night and she was playing around with out her life jacket on and we were both just watching her and then she just started swimming. It's like it just clicked and she finally got it. She still can only swim underwater but that is start and she was so excited.

We  went to swim playgroup today and she just wanted to practice swimming the whole time!!


Awesome job little Kai Kai!!
We are so proud of you!

2 comments:

Aden & Jamie Hirtle said...

I can't believe she is swimming.... and she is good! She doesn't even plug her nose. I still have to plug my nose when I go under the water!

Carolyn said...

I'm glad she is swimming - hopefully this summer there will be no jumping in the pool by Grandpa Jack to save Kai.