Staying downtown was a huge pain for most of the trip. We only had one car, so we had to wake up super early to get Jared to Tripler, the traffic was always bad and then it was either head back to the hotel and hang out down there until Jared was done or stay out all day. The traffic is just too bad to go back and forth all the time. But there was one really awesome thing about staying downtown Waikiki was that we could just walk to the beach each night!!
We spent a lot of time on this beach.
Kean testing out the sand for the first time!
Kai gets her hands in on the fun!
Going swimming with Daddy!! He was definitely not as excited as Kai was!!
We were able to borrow our friend Steve's surfboard and so we went surfing there a lot. It was fun for Kai, a little too busy and crazy for me and of course to boring for Jared!!
Kai loved it though. Her and Daddy went out a bunch!
Mean while Kean and Mommy just hung out on the beach watching all the funny tourists and eating anything we could get our hands on!!
Trying to stand up.
I guess she did stand up a few times but it was when they were too far out and I couldn't see them!
Trying it by herself!
Wahoo, there you go Kai Kai!
Daddy trying to get her to stand!
I think we have her hooked!
I got to go out a a few times. Not very big waves for sure but I was at least able to catch a couple!
Kai said she had to go pee so Daddy told her to go in the water. Next thing we know, she is pulling down her pants, getting ready to pee.
So funny!!!
I love it when babies can't really crawl yet. Makes it so much easier!! He just sat on the towel, every time!
Coming in, in the background is my old boat t he Navatek!!
I miss working on it!
I think Daddy accidentally hit her with the board.
Poor Girlie!
There is the happy smile!!
McKean didn't seem to be feeling so well. In fact, he felt really hot to me this night and from looking at this photo he was probably just teething. He did get his first tooth while we were there.
He just wanted to cuddle and be held by his Momma!!
I love that little monkey man!
This was my favorite thing about our hotel, this was the view from the elevator. Everyday, we could see the surf, and never once was there a time that there was not at least a few surfers out there!!
It definitely made you want to go surfing every time you saw it!!
Walking to the beach.
Kai picked up the official way to carry your board while walking long distances!
Now it is McKean's turn!
He was little unsure of it!
But I think he liked it!!
Trying to stand!
One cute little squirt and one very big board. Before we got the board she kept saying that she wanted a pink board, I kept telling her I didn't know what color it was but I was pretty sure it wouldn't be pink.
Guess I was wrong!
She was thrilled!
Our last night at the beach we made this cute little sand turtle and then hung out till the sunset!
I had a lot of fun with these two crazy kiddos. We just spent all day hanging out together. No chores, no having to run errands or having to be somewhere, we just went with the flow and hung out all day. It was such a nice break from our daily grind.
Such a beautiful way to end our amazing 3 weeks there!!
No comments:
Post a Comment